Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mouse in the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I leave anything edible in the center console (MX) they get to it. Same with the compartment under the back hatch. Only way to keep them out is not have food left in the vehicle.
We have a problem with bears breaking into cars if there is any food in the car. They really make a mess.
Always have to advise guests to take all food (and even empty coolers) out of the car.

I wouldn't say I'm afraid of mice but I think one crawling up my leg would freak me out while driving.

Drove around today with my socks tucked into my pants. Glad I didn't get into a wreck.

IMG_2587.JPG

Because the seals in and around the car are pure garbage.
Wow, that is absurd hyperbole. They may not be perfect but they are as good or better than the seals on any of the many different cars I have owned over the years, which include Lexus and Porsche.

Your post would be more credible if you did not engage in irrational exaggeration to make your point.

How can a mouse get inside a Tesla if the doors and trunks are closed? They are amazing little critters.

where do I start?

probably the largest gap they can chew through are the high voltage cables that go to the drive unit and battery
second largest gap is the main harness that goes from the car to the drive unit intelligence cables.

they can easily crawl up and chew through the passenger side air vent filter

frunk is hands down the easiest place that they can get into, there is very little insulation from the frunk to the road

plenty of places

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Wow, that is absurd hyperbole. They may not be perfect but they are as good or better than the seals on any of the many different cars I have owned over the years, which include Lexus and Porsche.

Your post would be more credible if you did not engage in irrational exaggeration to make your point.

Yeah a bit of an exaggeration they are better than garbage but still really, really, bad. Is it OK for water or air to leak around the door frame edges or through the windows? Is it OK to be able to stick your finger through the door seal? Have you seen the seal around the HEPA filter elements and cabin air intake - rolled over weatherstripping with adhesive backing not even forming a proper seal? It is a Really shameful job. What model and year Porsche and Lexus are you referring to that had seals worse than a Tesla? Maybe I've just been lucky, but in the last 20 model years of my cars this car has the worst seals of them all. I've only owned luxury cars, no jeeps, trucks, etc.

I'd be much more tolerant of the seals if not for other lies by Tesla. I have heightened sensitivity to their flaws due to multiple lies.

Last edited:
Had the car detailed the other day and the detailer asked me what I wanted to do with the stuff in the frunk. I went and looked and found the end of my Tesla umbrella chewed off and a whole pile of insulation (that I suspect came from somewhere inside the car) in a nesting pile. Not sure how much damage this caused but I am pretty sure it came from somewhere in the car.

I am off to get some of those electronic mouse zappers.

Reactions: Konah
At least you didn't have a packrat:

14964897993_13680f4af8.jpg

I made the mistake of parking my LEAF outside at night for a time. The deer mice colonized it and rode the car into the garage; took me weeks to trap them all and be sure that there were no more in the car or garage. In the meantime a pack rat also rode the car into the garage and got trapped inside. I trapped it and moved it back outside. My Model S stays inside the garage at all times, which is now mouse (and pack rat) proof.

Mice in cars is a common problem here in the wilderness. Year before last we had a huge piñon pine nut season and that led to a deer mice population explosion last year. All the neighbors were talking about how many of them were around and how they were getting into everything. Makes me appreciate the bobcats and owls!

32511395701_045471ed7f_z.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Konah and aesculus
I was getting into my car around 5:00am this morning and when the car auto presented itself the lights turned on. I saw a mouse run across the backseat. I live in the country so I'm not shocked to see a mouse but I've never seen one in a car before.

Could mice be attracted to the car because the batteries stay at a warmer temp?

Anybody seen this before?

I just found a mouse in my MS yesterday. Think he was there for only 12 hours, and was able to trap him. Hoping there was no damage. Did you ever end up having any other issues?