Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving European 2018 TMX to the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am moving from Norway to the US shortly and curious if it is possible to use my European TMX in the US. Why? Well, I live in Norway and TMX are dirt cheap here at the moment. I expect I can sell it here for 45-47k$, while the same vehicles run for upwards of 67k$ in the US. So I would take a 20k$ hit by selling my car here and then buying the same vehicle in the states. However, aside from shipping I have little idea if this is even possible when it comes to registering, duty, charging, service and so forth. Any inputs is greatly appreciated.

I am moving from Norway to the US shortly and curious if it is possible to use my European TMX in the US. Why? Well, I live in Norway and TMX are dirt cheap here at the moment. I expect I can sell it here for 45-47k$, while the same vehicles run for upwards of 67k$ in the US. So I would take a 20k$ hit by selling my car here and then buying the same vehicle in the states. However, aside from shipping I have little idea if this is even possible when it comes to registering, duty, charging, service and so forth. Any inputs is greatly appreciated.
I’d think being unable to use any of the North American Superchargers would be untenable for me. Let alone the odd charge port would make it unsaleable. I’d sell it in country and bring the cash over. It is a lot easier to ship funds.

Upvote 0