Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about lowering my M3P. I was thinking of getting MPP comfort coilovers (non adjustable). I’ve researched this forum and seems like a lot of members have sold them. Any of you out there running this set up? What’s the preset drop setting ?

They are really good for the price point. If you're not going to track your car a bunch they are fine for daily fun driving. It'll feel like stock if you have a 2021 M3P, but maybe a hair better at weight transfer at higher speeds.

Reactions: travass808
I’m planning to track it once in a blue moon. It’s more so going to be for daily driving and aesthetics. I have a 22 M3P, an inch drop would be nice. Does the back sit lower or higher than the front ?
There's no "preset" drop, so-to-speak. There's recommended settings, but you would set the height during the installation process, so you can set it effectively to whatever you want. Sits fairly even at the recommended settings in my experience.

I had Comfort's on my wife's 2018 P3D and they were great, I would highly recommend them.

If you're willing to spend the extra money and are looking for a ride quality that's stiffer than OEM, I would get the Sport adjustable. Granted I have a 40 series sidewall that provides some cushion, but the out of the box compression and rebound settings are still comfortable. If you want to keep the stock softer ride feel, then yeah, go comfort (adjustable or non).

As per the above, do you want to lower the car but have a more comfortable daily driving experience? Or do you want to lower it, firm it up and get some adjustment for track days?

I'm running the MPP comfort adjustables but a fair bit lower than recommended ride height. I made the compression two clicks stiffer to compensate. The low speed damping is firmed up enough to stop me bottoming out as the front wheels pass over a speed bump for example. The ride is still improved over the stock suspension (better valving and bump stops) on our garbage Aussie roads.

I'm very happy that the current balances occasional 'enthusiastic' street driving with long-distance comfort. If you're looking at front camber adjustment and bigger brakes then comfort is NOT for you in my opinion. If you just have the M3P for straight-line acceleration and otherwise just use it as super cool transport, maybe the comforts are for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindenwood
You can always ask your local group for a test ride. Personally I vote for the MPP Sport as the softest setting it's very compliant and stiffest setting is track worthy. Everyone that I've given a ride at the soft setting loved it and bought one. Even my wife who's not a car person commented immediately that the ride is better once I installed them.

How well does the MPP adjustable coilovers hold up after 50-60K miles on average to bad condition roads?
I have some customers reporting 100k miles and going strong, and I haven't had anyone ask for help with a rebuild yet. The nice thing is that as the dampers slowly wear, you can stiffen them to compensate and extend their life.

Reactions: Lindenwood
If you intend to track, I would seriously look at the adjustable options.

While the Comforts are objectively softer, can’t necessarily speak to the personal preference for the compromise between Comforts and Sports on a dual-use car. But, I daily my Comforts at full-soft compression and a few clicks firmer on rebound for a very compliant ride that remains settled when I push it. I crank them to full-stiff at the track or for AutoX. One driving instructor who drove my car said it was unexpectedly one of the best set-up and most fun cars they had driven on a track, including exotics. I also got FTD on my last AutoX.

(Full-disclosure, I do also have like $8k in MPP goodies and aftermarket brakes, a 200tw race set, and run a slightly stiffer rear anti-sway bar to help compensate for the softer coils and improve rotation).

6AE11008-992C-4812-94C8-FCF86054B264.jpeg