Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP compression rod and control arm bearings.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If when you get done with a session/autox run, BEFORE you put it in park, do a reboot.
1) That is crazy, having to remember to do a reboot after every run when your adrenaline us up, everything is busy, and you need to hop out to check tire pressures.

2) If you are any good at AutoX, your safety score is trash from normal driving :)

3) The reboot doesn't work anymore:

• Informative
Reactions: Lindenwood
1) That is crazy, having to remember to do a reboot after every run when your adrenaline us up, everything is busy, and you need to hop out to check tire pressures.

2) If you are any good at AutoX, your safety score is trash from normal driving :)

3) The reboot doesn't work anymore:

1.) least crazy thing involved in a day of autocrossing which is full of many kinds of crazy

2.) nah

3. ) fffffu**

least crazy thing involved in a day of autocrossing which is full of many kinds of crazy
I know I would never, ever remember this all 12+ times a day I need to. Just this weekend I ended up with a rock in my rotor and had to park the car to get rid of an awful noise. To remember to reboot before putting it in park?

Good thing I bought a car "with all hardware needed for FSD" but Tesla wants $1000 to upgrade the hardware in it so I can run FSD, so I could care less about a safety score, and I'll spend that money on tires.

Reactions: TimTam
I know I would never, ever remember this all 12+ times a day I need to. Just this weekend I ended up with a rock in my rotor and had to park the car to get rid of an awful noise. To remember to reboot before putting it in park?

Good thing I bought a car "with all hardware needed for FSD" but Tesla wants $1000 to upgrade the hardware in it so I can run FSD, so I could care less about a safety score, and I'll spend that money on tires.
Oh I don't have FSD, I have Tesla insurance =)

Yeah, that too. Tesla insurance is an awful idea for anyone that ever tracks their car. They hit you for "unsafe driving" while doing something that they don't even insure, but is making you a better driver. Big data computer algorithms will save us all though.
Just need the big data to be aware of track events and filter that data out. I'm sure Tesla will be on that within the next 100 years

A question to those who DIY'd the lower control arm bearing install.
The MPP instructions say to press the new bearing from the rear of the arm, with the thick part of the blue aluminum against the arm. So, this thick front end should end up facing the front. But in the instructions they seem to show the left arm, with the thick part facing the rear.

FLCA-Installed.jpg

the car is on the lift getting ready to be put back together, but It's Saturday, so I'm not sure @MountainPass will reply to my e-mail question until next week.

So, if any of you guys installed this yourselves, could you please tell me if you followed the text or the picture? Or I am reading the instructions wrong?

A question to those who DIY'd the lower control arm bearing install.
The MPP instructions say to press the new bearing from the rear of the arm, with the thick part of the blue aluminum against the arm. So, this thick front end should end up facing the front. But in the instructions they seem to show the left arm, with the thick part facing the rear.

FLCA-Installed.jpg

the car is on the lift getting ready to be put back together, but It's Saturday, so I'm not sure @MountainPass will reply to my e-mail question until next week.

So, if any of you guys installed this yourselves, could you please tell me if you followed the text or the picture? Or I am reading the instructions wrong?

That is weird, but I just followed the written instructions and put the thick part forward on both sides.
Agreed!