Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor MPP Model 3 Build Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright answered my own questions with some reading and here to get this back on topic!

Seems this suspension design is fairly common and in fact is used on the 350z, which i think @MountainPass knows a little about since they have one of those too.

Sounds like we are likely to have problems with the compression arm bushing (#1 in pic above) prematurely wearing if we lower the car and i'm curious if anyone's talked to someone like SPL for a better bushing. Same thing for the bushings in the transverse link (#2) where it attaches to frame and coilover.

Also it sounds like you could make a nice upper control arm with adjustable camber and caster if we really wanted to get fancy ;)
Does this mean if I drop a car by 1" with coil overs, that bushing will wear out? How fast? Thanks.

Does this mean if I drop a car by 1" with coil overs, that bushing will wear out? How fast? Thanks.

I'm certainly not an expert, i am basing this info on similar suspension design in the 350z. Here is a great forum post i found about mod'ing the 350z, keep in mind that this doesn't necessarily mean Model 3 will have the same problems - but it might.

Suspension 101 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

They discuss the metal bushing that @MountainPass is describing and it sounds like the 350z community loves them, as someone who plans to track my car at least once a month i'm definitely interested in upgrading these bushings.

Hopefully MPP is working on some camber plates similar to these found on the new Ford Performance FP350S race car. :D

FP350S CC Plates.png

Hmm... I was planning to leave the car stock height since I like not having problems with the speed bumps like my last lowered car. Can the ride height at least be left stock with your coilovers?

Setting them at stock height limits the suspension droop, so the car drops down into potholes instead of just the wheel. It is recommended to lower the car at least an inch with the coilovers to allow for adequate droop. It is possible to install the coilovers+lift kit and retain stock ride height while gaining the characteristics of the coilovers.

Setting them at stock height limits the suspension droop, so the car drops down into potholes instead of just the wheel. It is recommended to lower the car at least an inch with the coilovers to allow for adequate droop. It is possible to install the coilovers+lift kit and retain stock ride height while gaining the characteristics of the coilovers.
You sell those? (lift kit)