Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR v. LR RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm contemplating getting a MR v. LR RWD.

I can't find the updated prices for either since they only available "off the menu".

I initially wanted to go for the LR but with my driving distance, I'm wondering if a MR would be more wise.

I average about 100 miles or less a month. I live in NYC, so I know there would be plenty of charging options.

My trade in is worth roughly $17k-$18k, so I'm trying to figure out if the LR is worth the extra $$$ over the MR.

Can someone tell me the new pricing schemes? I know AP is now included on everything but the SR/SR+.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I'm contemplating getting a MR v. LR RWD.

I can't find the updated prices for either since they only available "off the menu".

I initially wanted to go for the LR but with my driving distance, I'm wondering if a MR would be more wise.

I average about 100 miles or less a month. I live in NYC, so I know there would be plenty of charging options.

My trade in is worth roughly $17k-$18k, so I'm trying to figure out if the LR is worth the extra $$$ over the MR.

Can someone tell me the new pricing schemes? I know AP is now included on everything but the SR/SR+.

Thanks!

I don't have the pricing for off-menu configurations but with the low miles you drive, the only reason to get the Long Range would be for convenience and flexibility if you sometimes take longer trips.

So when I bought my MR they were not offering the LR RWD. When they brought back the LR and were still offering the MR they changed the pricing and lowered the LR with EAP to what I paid for a Blue MR with EAP $50,500. The last pricing that was on the website before the LR went "off Menu" was $50500 with EAP.

I believe MR is no longer produced and is not an off menu choice. You will be choosing between SR, SR+ and LR.

Correct. The MR is no more; it has ceased to be; it's expired and gone to meet its maker; it's a configuration that's bereft of life.

FWIW, I placed an order for an MR just over two months ago. Tesla discontinued it two days later, and two days after that, I was offered a discount on an upgrade to the LR RWD. I mention this because it's why I'm quite certain of the termination of the MR configuration.

There's a slim chance that you'll be able to find an MR in inventory somewhere, but I'd expect them all to have been sold by now, with the possible exception of store demo or test-drive cars. There's also always the possibility that Tesla will revive the MR at some point in the future, but if they do, I don't expect much advance notice.