Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now you guys all have me curious. I ordered black exterior, white interior, 18” wheels, and AP. If only thing they could comp me is the $1000 for white interior. I’m not paying an extra $2000 for LR. Maybe if they comp AP too?

FWIW, my Tesla account order page has been updated with the LR configuration, but it's not providing any details on discounts, so the price is shown as $54,000 (vs. $51,000 as I'd configured my MR order). The page does note that the price "excludes tax, registration, discounts and fees," so this isn't necessarily an error, but the fact that I see no mention anywhere in writing of the $3,000 in discounts I was promised has me a bit nervous. I've e-mailed my sales associate at the Dedham, MA store where I took a test drive to see if I can get something in writing (or at least in an e-mail).

FWIW, my Tesla account order page has been updated with the LR configuration, but it's not providing any details on discounts, so the price is shown as $54,000 (vs. $51,000 as I'd configured my MR order). The page does note that the price "excludes tax, registration, discounts and fees," so this isn't necessarily an error, but the fact that I see no mention anywhere in writing of the $3,000 in discounts I was promised has me a bit nervous. I've e-mailed my sales associate at the Dedham, MA store where I took a test drive to see if I can get something in writing (or at least in an e-mail).

Same. It's probably something that will get sorted out when you're assigned a delivery advisor. I wouldn't stress about it too much.

Reactions: sygyzy
I just got off the phone. I'm getting upgraded to the long range, getting my paint choice for free (midnight silver), and getting a free upgrade of wheels to the 19". I'll have to pay $1500 ($3000 for MR-> LR - $1500 I already paid for the paint, which is now free).

Congrats! now I feel like a teenage girl waiting for my prom date to call.
I'm going to the Prom!! Well I could not get them to budge on the Rims or Destination charge credits. She said I could only get credit for paint or wheels, so ended up with the configuration most of you have selected, LR RWD White/Black/Aero. I'm not a red person for this car although it is the most beautiful red to see up close.

Just got my call. I placed my MR White on White FSD order on 3/14. They offered to upgrade or downgrade and when I said I'd do the LR version instead he wasn't offering anything so I asked about a discount and he offered the interior upgrade for free. I'm hoping this means it comes fast :)

Reactions: InParadise
My account, under the completed tasks, shows the correct configuration order and the credit applied correctly.

I rejected a red MR due to paint, and they offered a LR with comped paint as a replacement. Didn’t want to spend the extra 3K and the MR I had ordered already had free paint because I had upgraded from a SR+. So just going to take the MR I rejected with a due bill to get paint correction. They did throw in a wall charger and a couple years’ maintenance for the hassle. I figured with MR being limited edition now, downgrading wasn’t worth it.

My account, under the completed tasks, shows the correct configuration order and the credit applied correctly.

Yeah, I found it: Payment Method -> Details shows my price adjustment. It was getting cut off the bottom of the page when I tried printing it, so I took a screen shot and printed that.

I notice that there's a lot of variability in the extent of the adjustments that people are getting. It sounds like the sales reps aren't all properly trained; or maybe it just pays to be insistent on getting a good deal.

• Funny
In short, I've configured a Model 3 MR on March 4th with all tasks completed with no follow up. Still waiting for delivery date and VIN.

My configuration: Black M3, Mid Range, Premium White Interior, Aero Wheels

Been checking on the Tesla site everyday to see if VIN number has arrived and consistently called them. No follow up from the company. I've already gotten a loan. 1% APY for 23 months is really good. Just hoping that I can get the car before my loan expires. They bank only lets me complete the loan after I get a delivery date and I am afraid that Tesla may be unable to comply with their 2 week estimate. Tired of hearing "don't know anything about your production schedule" or "you'll hear from us soon during the 2 week period." I hear so many people receiving a VIN with 48 hours. Even if its a 2018 model offered, id be happier than receiving nothing. This is my first car purchase. 46K isn't a small chunk of change for me...

I’m waiting too and hopefully will get a response of a VIN soon. I have been provided funding information and haven’t really gotten responses back. Waiting patiently in Texas :)