Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS P85D wheel spacers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@M4guy did you use the std flat spacers (pass-through stock studs) or did you go with the “Design 3” from Adaptec with the pressed-in studs securing the spacer to the hub first?
Also, did 15mm not work because you used the Design 3?
20mm all around does look good, but I’d want to avoid any rubbing whatsoever, so may not go as aggressive.
Looks great overall! I’m on the hunt for wheels first. Then links/brackets and spacers.

• Helpful
Reactions: P100DHG.
@M4guy did you use the std flat spacers (pass-through stock studs) or did you go with the “Design 3” from Adaptec with the pressed-in studs securing the spacer to the hub first?
Also, did 15mm not work because you used the Design 3?
20mm all around does look good, but I’d want to avoid any rubbing whatsoever, so may not go as aggressive.
Looks great overall! I’m on the hunt for wheels first. Then links/brackets and spacers.

Sorry for the slow response, I used the hubcentric ‘design 3’ style. Yes 15mm doesn’t work because of the original studs length being too long and hitting the back of the wheel, obviously if you use the none ‘design 3’ Type ones they are the only studs being used you wouldn’t have that issue.

I personally wouldn’t want them though, as the design 3 are a much better secure fit.

I also don’t think the 15mm would alleviate the slight rub on part steering lock (catches the front arch behind the front bumper) as others have tried the 18mm and it still rubs.

I’m probably going to try heating up the plastic arch and reshaping it back a little for that extra but if clearance (did that on my old M3 which had the same issue and it worked a treat)

Reactions: Doanster1
Sorry for the slow response, I used the hubcentric ‘design 3’ style. Yes 15mm doesn’t work because of the original studs length being too long and hitting the back of the wheel, obviously if you use the none ‘design 3’ Type ones they are the only studs being used you wouldn’t have that issue.

I personally wouldn’t want them though, as the design 3 are a much better secure fit.
Thanks. That’s why I never understood why manufacturers opt for studs/lug nuts vs lug bolts like on Euro cars. The latter offers you the ability to just get proper length bolts whenever you want to change the offset, whether via different wheels or spacers.

I’m starting to think about spacers, my P100D is a year old and I am going to mount my grey arachnids up this week. I am considering spacers. Will the spacers hold up to the torque of the P100D with ludicrous?

There is nothing inherently more dangerous about a quality spacer. If they are properly installed, there are no problems. If they are improperly installed then they are just as dangerous as an improperly installed tire.

I don't have them yet, but I'm getting the 20mm spacers from Motorsport tech that M4guy recommends. I've run spacers on many other vehicles and taken them to the track with zero issues.
I’m going to hold off mounting my arachnids and jump on the bandwagon and do 20mm all around too. I’ll call them tomorrow. Did you order the steel lug nuts for the spacers or does it come with it?

Thinking pulling the trigger myself, but the rubbing is a concern.
My MS has smart air suspension - would that mitigate the rubbing?

And I’m assuming these are the best option out there?
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Centric Rings | Motorsport Tech
Same concern here. I am concerned about the following with a 20mm spacer and stock width tires all around and maybe someone can address this specifically point by point before I order today

1. Rubbing against painted fender
2. Rubbing against wheel well when suspension is traveling
3. Rubbering against suspension components

Same concern here. I am concerned about the following with a 20mm spacer and stock width tires all around and maybe someone can address this specifically point by point before I order today

1. Rubbing against painted fender
2. Rubbing against wheel well when suspension is traveling
3. Rubbering against suspension components

Q1. Rubbing against painted fender

A1. No, plenty of clearance it’s not even close front and rear (and I’ve gone pretty low)
Q2. Rubbing against wheel well when suspension is traveling

A2. No, no issues plenty of clearance even when pretty low.

Q3. Rubbering against suspension components

A3. The wheels are moved away from suspension components, so greater clearance than stock :)