Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

These should work on a 23 as well
These are just flat panels. Like the rally armor ones. Personally, I do prefer the tesla ones, but would be great if they provided the rears too.
Thx for looking out.

Reactions: JessmanPlaid
I'm on the hunt for a solution as well... I'd love a molded plastic set like what BAESNOR offers for the Model Y, but we seem to have practically nothing available.

The ZL1 kit - it looks like just a flat piece of plastic that rests against the fender trim... has anyone tried them yet?

Installed fronts only (ordered from Tesla), its been eight months but no issues so far. Caution: Since the front suspension is so low, there is an issue with speed bumps as it touches most of times (99%), one option would be to adjust suspension height and save the location.

Happy to hear it's not just me. We took delivery of our new X a little over a month ago, and they installed the Tesla mud flaps before we got it. Every speed bump in our neighborhood it touches, even if we drive slowly. I was looking at the car yesterday wondering if there was something wrong with the suspension since it seems to be lower at front than in the back. But I guess that's normal? Also it seems to default to "low", and our old 2016 X didn't do that.

Happy to hear it's not just me. We took delivery of our new X a little over a month ago, and they installed the Tesla mud flaps before we got it. Every speed bump in our neighborhood it touches, even if we drive slowly. I was looking at the car yesterday wondering if there was something wrong with the suspension since it seems to be lower at front than in the back. But I guess that's normal? Also it seems to default to "low", and our old 2016 X didn't do that.
Its normal, even when you set to high, it will default to low when the speed limit is > 35 for better aero dynamic and handling... Telsa engineer told me that we can't override it.

Any updates recommendations on this for 2023 Model X FRONT& BACK?

I tried a pair off of Amazon and they didn't fit. If there are no recommendations I will go with just the FRONT Tesla brand but hoping for FRONT& REAR recommendations.

It's strange Tesla doesn't provide both. I wonder why???

-stew

I have up and ordered the Tesla front flaps for $40.

VERY EASY to install, raise suspension to VERY HIGH, TURN WHEEL, removed 2 push pins, hold flap up, install 2 new push pins. RINSE, REPEAT. DONE.

If you look at the back you really don't need a flap there because it is all plastic and the painted part is not going to be hit with anything from the rear wheels.

Good luck

-stew

Reactions: chilman408