Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi Color Walk-Around Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

At today's Get Amped event in Palo Alto, I started to shoot some video of the (Pacific) Blue car to compare it with the Black car. As I was shooting, the Green car pulled in, followed by a Signature Red Performance with silver wheels, so I kept shooting. Then another Black car pulled in, followed by the Brown car, and a Silver Performance with the Graphite Grey wheels!

So, this video ended up being a walk-around tour of all the colors driving in Palo Alto today except for the (Catalina) White and the (Dolphin) Grey, which I will post separately.

I'm posting here rather than in one of the Get Amped threads because I thought this might be of general interest.

Shot at 1080p/60 on a Panasonic TM900 with a Steadicam Merlin. Sorry, the Merlin was a bit out of proper balance so the video is a little wobbly, but I think this shows the colors pretty well anyhow.

I really recommend viewing this on YouTube where it can be made full screen and (if your computer can play it) played at its full 1080p size. I am happy to share the original file if anybody would like to have it. PM me if so. It's about 738MB.

EDIT: Here's the walk-around of the Grey and White cars as well. I posted this below but I thought it would be nice to have them both right at the top:

EDIT 2: Added one more video, this time of the Brown and Grey cars in the shade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey MikeK - this video really captures the colors I remember seeing at both the Fremont and L.A. events. Having nearly all the colors side by side and seeing them in different lighting as you walk around really makes this video and thread a "sticky." Would any of the mods take a look and see if that can't be done. It's a great visual aid in helping those unable to see the cars in person or on the fence about a color. It also helps those of us not quite trusting of our memory of a particular color even though we attended an event. Thanks again.

Sorry, the Merlin was a bit out of proper balance so the video is a little wobbly, but I think this shows the colors pretty well anyhow.

I watched it on YouTube as suggested, full-screeen 1080p, and it was marvelous. Thanks so much for posting this. I've seen a few of the cars in person on a partially-cloudy day, so this was a great contrast. And the video was smoother than I expected, wow!

I loved when the Tesla guy in the red gave you (I think) a thumbs up. ;-)

Anyway, I'm torn between blue and brown (!), but I hope someone posts a video like this of the grey and maybe even silver (I know, silver makes me think of a rental car, too!). ;-) Thanks again.

I watched it on YouTube as suggested, full-screeen 1080p, and it was marvelous. Thanks so much for posting this. I've seen a few of the cars in person on a partially-cloudy day, so this was a great contrast. And the video was smoother than I expected, wow!

I loved when the Tesla guy in the red gave you (I think) a thumbs up. ;-)

Anyway, I'm torn between blue and brown (!), but I hope someone posts a video like this of the grey and maybe even silver (I know, silver makes me think of a rental car, too!). ;-) Thanks again.

Glad you liked it! I have a walk-around of the Grey and White uploading now. I'll post that in this thread once it's up. It's in line behind two big uploads, so it will be later today.

There was a photo with the 21" silver wheels, but I have never seen one with the 19. I made a Photoshop for myself, but it's just a Photoshop. It was based on somebody else's photo, so I'd rather not post it. PM if you'd like me to send you a copy.

Thanks--I did the same...Took a nice photo of the gray from the side from the first drive event and superimposed the 19s over them...but just as you said, it was only a photoshop and didn't give much of a better idea of how it looked than the Design Studio.

Wish Tesla would just post some real pics of all the combinations. They should have almost all of them built somewhere in the factory now.

Completely off topic...but here's a wedding video trailer I filmed for some friends using a Steadicam Merlin:
Nice production! It really is a lovely tool, isn't it? I hadn't actually used mine in a year and had to get it back from a friend who was borrowing it. I also had to add ballast to make the whole rig stable with my tiny little camera. Things were easier when I had a bigger camera. More painful, but more stable. :)

Nice production! It really is a lovely tool, isn't it? I hadn't actually used mine in a year and had to get it back from a friend who was borrowing it. I also had to add ballast to make the whole rig stable with my tiny little camera. Things were easier when I had a bigger camera. More painful, but more stable. :)

Thanks...yes it's a complete PITA to balance properly. Bigger cameras are better!

But back on topic, thanks for the nice walk-around footage!

Here we go. (Dolphin) Grey and (Catalina) White:

Thanks, MikeK! Wow, the Dolphin Grey totally isn't what I expected. In this and the video lower down in this thread, it seems like it has a small hint of green. Or are my eyes going? Anyway, I like it--it's an odd shade and I can't describe it, but I'm intrigued.

I'm not interested in white; my first car was white and despite what people say, I didn't feel like it hid anything. (But then I didn't wash the car every day like some people, so....)

I didn't get a good feel for the brown from the video lower down, but it's still a contender for me, as is the blue. But now the grey rears its head. ;-) Thanks again for the vids! Great stuff!

Like so many of Tesla's colors, the Grey is a real chameleon. In the shade, it looks almost like the non-metallic grey that BMW had on the Z series some years ago, and which I quite liked. Then it gets into the sun, and you realize it's metallic, and you get lots of highlights.

It's not for me for various reasons, but several of my friends loved it and at least one is twisting my arm to get that color. ;-)