Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple alert messages on the screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this is the correct forum

Yesterday when I was driving on the highway I received multiple alerts on the screen of caution, regenerative braking was disabled, lane assist disabled, cruise control disable, can't remember them all, but were about 5 alerts. Car drove OK, but need more pressure on the brake pedal. Pulled into a mall and called Tesla, said I did not need a tow truck the car was safe and drivable. Took it directly to the service center and they took it in, gave me a loaner and just got the message it is ready for pickup.

According to the service invoice (no-charge), they performed a 4 wheel alignment and calibrated steering angle sensor, also performed HV and 12V reset, road tested and all seems OK. Picking it up soon.

Anyone have this or a similar problem and resolution. It did scare me a little bit.

Willy'sEV

Same thing happened to me during the drive home after I picked up my model 3 yesterday. Already booked a service appointment but wondering if you are having the same issues again or has it been fully resolved?

Willy'sEV

Same thing happened to me during the drive home after I picked up my model 3 yesterday. Already booked a service appointment but wondering if you are having the same issues again or has it been fully resolved?
Hello Chris,
Thankfully, it seems to be fully resolved. Drove the car a few times today, on the highway and no messages.
Good luck at your appt and please report back if resolved and what they did to resolve.

Edit: I did not wait for appt, drove car directly to service center. They gave me a loaner, had car the next day.

Maybe it was just a glitch. I've had a few random glitches in my time of ownership. They were all fixed with resets. I think it's like any other computer that runs almost non-stop. Sometimes it needs a reset.

I've had the screen go out and all sound.
Had the front speakers go out but back worked.
Had the parking sensor lines stay always on
Had the backup camera get stuck in a black screen.

All fixed after reset.

willy's ev

yeah the appointment is monday at a service center closer since my delivery center was quite busy, I do notice that the steering wheel was slightly to the right and not directly centered. I am thinking it has to be alignment related.

I was going to do that but something just told me book the appointment and drive the other car to work.. I will definately respond to the thread when I get answers.. probably Tuesday. The service center guy said its safe to drive.. so we will drive it locally but not highway just yet until I get my regen back

I have tried the resets and it did not work

Looks like they have had this problem before and they know the fix, they did the same, as posted above to my car and all seems to be good now.
Yeah it seems that way. It took them about 2 hours to fix and it drove normal again. It seems to be A one time thing according to the service rep so we will see. I drove 100 miles yesterday and it was dead on with no issues so that is restoring confidence. Other then that its a. Hell of a car

I just had the same issues this weekend with my 2014 MS P90DL however I felt it was nearly impossible to drive (brakes and steering) so she was flat bedded to the service center Yesterday. Hoping it gets resolved today. Any idea how much it cost for the repairs you had? I am obviously out of warranty.

I have the same issue with 6 alerts with my Model-X 100d. Tesla did a remote diagnosis and said they need a recommended spare part before they come out for a mobile service. Nobody physically examined it yet so I suspect they are familiar with this issue.
That was going on a month now and still waiting for the just-in-case parts. In the meanwhile I don’t drive it because all of the alerts, and Tesla has no loaners.
Ironically this all suddenly occurred when driving the vehicle back from Tesla service for a front suspension column creaking noise issue which was fixed. I suspect the 6 alerts issue is somehow related to their suspension column work but they said just a coincidence.

I have the same issue with 6 alerts with my Model-X 100d. Tesla did a remote diagnosis and said they need a recommended spare part before they come out for a mobile service. Nobody physically examined it yet so I suspect they are familiar with this issue.
That was going on a month now and still waiting for the just-in-case parts. In the meanwhile I don’t drive it because all of the alerts, and Tesla has no loaners.
Ironically this all suddenly occurred when driving the vehicle back from Tesla service for a front suspension column creaking noise issue which was fixed. I suspect the 6 alerts issue is somehow related to their suspension column work but they said just a coincidence.
See one of my posts above for the work that service did on my car to correct this problem.

so just got my car back and it was a “ground stud” located in the front that broke loose. They said it’s not a common thing but they have seen it happen. Was a quick fix and out of warranty was only $175.

You mentioned you had front end work, wonder if that might be your problem.

Well, I will chime in here with my situation. I picked up my 2021 LR AWD White Model 3 on June 26th and on July 9th I received pretty much the same alerts that Willy's EV mentioned in his post. They had my car for a couple of weeks and did all kinds of checks and diagnosis on it to include checks of the HV system as well as checking the 12v battery. They had to order a couple of parts and ended up replacing the Car's Computer Module, cleared applied angle offsets, and did a four wheel alignment check. They tell me there are no more alerts present but I haven't been able to drive it any distance as I had to take it back to the service center for a charge port issue. I received an active alert the next morning after picking up my car that said "Charging equipment not recognized". Once I was able to manually release my mobile charging cable I drove it back to the service center and it was determined that my charge port is now faulty and needs replaced. So, out of the 30 days that I've had my Model 3 it's only been driven about 14 days for just over 400 miles. It kind of sucks that a brand new car is already getting parts replaced with new ones. Hopefully I don't have a lemon.

Well, I will chime in here with my situation. I picked up my 2021 LR AWD White Model 3 on June 26th and on July 9th I received pretty much the same alerts that Willy's EV mentioned in his post. They had my car for a couple of weeks and did all kinds of checks and diagnosis on it to include checks of the HV system as well as checking the 12v battery. They had to order a couple of parts and ended up replacing the Car's Computer Module, cleared applied angle offsets, and did a four wheel alignment check. They tell me there are no more alerts present but I haven't been able to drive it any distance as I had to take it back to the service center for a charge port issue. I received an active alert the next morning after picking up my car that said "Charging equipment not recognized". Once I was able to manually release my mobile charging cable I drove it back to the service center and it was determined that my charge port is now faulty and needs replaced. So, out of the 30 days that I've had my Model 3 it's only been driven about 14 days for just over 400 miles. It kind of sucks that a brand new car is already getting parts replaced with new ones. Hopefully I don't have a lemon.
Sorry for your woes, this should not happen.
Keep a good record of all the repairs and brush up on lemon law so that you may be able to return the car to Tesla. It used to be if they could not fix a problem after 3 attempts, it is deemed a lemon. Good luck.