Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple brake(?) error message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone!

We have quite a disturbing issue @ 4k miles total mileage in our Model S.

After a drive of 100 miles I have parked the car. After half an hour I have sat in the car, and stepped on the brake pedal for around 1-2 minutes while talking to someone near the car. After I have pulled the 'transmission' lever to D, and suddenly five error messages appeared on the screen. These were:

1. Regenrative braking disabled
2. ABS needs service
3. Stability control disabled
4. Traction control disabled
5. Automatic emergency braking is disabled

Of course all extras related to cameras and sensors are disabled...

Tried already the Power off method via Controls menu, and a hard reset for display software - neither helped.

Did someone encounter the same issue and have been solved without a repair shop visit? Mine would be 200 miles and 1 month away..

Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated!

Robin

Yes, had that after ~2000 miles 3 years ago. It was a defective ABS sensor that was changed by Tesla. No problem since.

Same senario as you but it happen the first time when I was driving at highway speed (Tesla remotly check the car and said I can continue driving being carefull with brake as I don't have any security system working). After that it was a bit random, sometime works, sometimes not. Tesla take care of all that within a week.

• Helpful
Reactions: cantanko