Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Car Owners: Did you Keep/Use Other ICE car(s)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
" How many of you kept another ICE car after getting the Model S? Did the reasons you had before getting the Tesla bear out?

[+] What were the specific reasons over the long term which may have supported keeping the ICE?

[+] What split of daily/routine driving between Tesla and other ICE?"

I am waiting for my P90D, and have sold my ICE daily car. I am keeping my 2007 Corvette, and do not see selling it, because, well it's a Corvette:) THe 'Vet will be used for Summer Dates, and trips, when it is sunny, no rain. All other times, or when I am transporting more than two people it will be the Tesla. The Corvette is fun to drive and a
convertible, therfore, it stays. I suspect the Tesla will get 7-80% of all my driving.

[+] How many of you kept another ICE car after getting the Model S? Did the reasons you had before getting the Tesla bear out?

Kept my Acura MDX SUV. 190K miles on it and kid is just about to get her license. Nice big safe car for her and it was my excuse to get another car :)

[+] What were the specific reasons over the long term which may have supported keeping the ICE?

Just for the kid, otherwise it wold have been toast.

[+] What split of daily/routine driving between Tesla and other ICE?

100% Tesla for 15 months, 43K miles through one of the toughest winters in history. And I have the RWD version. Love every minute of it.

Edit: I should note that I have a res on the Model X so when the kid goes to college we'll be all EV at home :)

Last edited: