Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is talk on Reddit that AP enhancements are normally not listed in the release notes. If recognition of traffic light/stop sign is taken as an FSD enhancement, may be they don't get listed ? We have to wait for actual owner videos rather than just release notes.

While it is true that release notes don't mention "under the hood" AP improvements, I would expect them to mention any big feature. We did get "auto steer stop light warning" included in the release notes. So if the traffic light feature is just AP detecting traffic lights but not doing anything with it, I would not expect that to be in the release notes. But if AP actually stops on its own for red lights, I would definitely expect that to be mentioned in the release notes.

Reactions: d21mike
Musk tweeted that Enh Summon will go out to "Wide EAP" next week. So, may be we'll all see enh summon before we see v10.

There is talk on Reddit that AP enhancements are normally not listed in the release notes. If recognition of traffic light/stop sign is taken as an FSD enhancement, may be they don't get listed ? We have to wait for actual owner videos rather than just release notes.
One of the guys in EAP hasn't seen any traffic light/stop sign yet … from twitter response.

BTW, I won't be surprised if that bit is not part of v10 EAP. As I've said earlier, they can always pull things not working well enough to push out v10. No point holding off on a bunch of features because one or two aren't working well.

Early adoption is not for you mate. You wanted early access, you got it. Why be upset that others get something too? Why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Give a mouse a cookie...

For me the point by now is not my car or my personal access — frankly I could care less if or when that happens. The excitement was gone a long time ago. Three years of the AP2 dance tends to do that to you. Now that was early adopting in the FSD sense. Three years later it is no longer early adopting and my interests tend to wander...

But the corporate ethics part of the equation does rustle my features or at least pique my interest still today. I would like to see Tesla do the right thing and follow up on their promises. I still find the overall AP2 story arc interesting to watch from this perspective.

On this, the promise was pre-discount/pre-revamp FSD customers were promised Early Access invitations as a way of compensating for the fact that they (we) had not received any promised FSD featues in 2017-2019 and that we paid more than those who came later. Tesla’s CEO made this promise and received significant PR benefit for it. I would like to see them follow up on it.

If you don’t mean it, don’t promise stuff.

See this thread for example... a joke by now, right... but it was made totally seriously back then:
“Customers who previously purchased Full Self-Driving will receive an invitation to Tesla’s Early Access Program (EAP). EAP members are invited to experience and provide feedback on new features and functionality before they are rolled out to other customers.”
Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

Tesla radically expands Early Access Program

If Tesla gives Early Access to all FSD buyers (or a watered down Early Access instead of a real invitation) that is no longer the same promise and making it would have been unethical.

Yes, very selfish indeed.

Nope.

I don’t care about my car receiving it at all. I would probably say no just to avoid some NDA anyway.

But I do care about promises made and corporate ethics.

Tesla promised Early Access invitations to early FSD buyers as a special compensation and they should follow up on that promise. If everyone gets it, it is no longer any kind of special compensation.

While it is true that release notes don't mention "under the hood" AP improvements, I would expect them to mention any big feature. We did get "auto steer stop light warning" included in the release notes. So if the traffic light feature is just AP detecting traffic lights but not doing anything with it, I would not expect that to be in the release notes. But if AP actually stops on its own for red lights, I would definitely expect that to be mentioned in the release notes.
The way Musk worded his tweet - I'd expect V10 to just recognize traffic lights/signs "better". Actual stopping for them will come only with City NOA.

"...as well as better traffic light and stop sign recognition,..."​

Nope.

I don’t care about my car receiving it at all. I would probably say no just to avoid some NDA anyway.

But I do care about promises made and corporate ethics.

Tesla promised Early Access invitations to early FSD buyers as a special compensation and they should follow up on that promise. If everyone gets it, it is no longer any kind of special compensation.
That has nothing to do with who gets Summon now.

Yes, they should keep their promises - but not at the expense of deliberately delaying it for others. Which is what, it sounds like, you are hoping.

On this, the promise was pre-discount/pre-revamp FSD customers were promised Early Access invitations as a way of compensating for the fact that they (we) had not received any promised FSD featues in 2017-2019 and that we paid more than those who came later. Tesla’s CEO made this promise and received significant PR benefit for it. I would like to see them follow up on it.

If you don’t mean it, don’t promise stuff.

See this thread for example... a joke by now, right... but it was made totally seriously back then:

Tesla radically expands Early Access Program

If Tesla gives Early Access to all FSD buyers (or a watered down Early Access instead of a real invitation) that is no longer the same promise and making it would have been unethical.
I have a S90D purchased on 12/31/16 with AP2.0 and paid for EAP+FSD, I also have a Model 3, purchased on 8/15/18 with AP2.5 and also paid for EAP+FSD. I’ve never been invited or received an email from Tesla to join anything. So, they lied. I have the selection set to ON for Advanced software updates on both cars, so I’m hoping like the rest on this thread that Tesla for once lives up to their promises.

That has nothing to do with who gets Summon now.

Yes, they should keep their promises - but not at the expense of deliberately delaying it for others. Which is what, it sounds like, you are hoping.

In reality, this is easy for Tesla to solve in a way that would satisfy us both: Simply send all FSD buyers before the cut-off date an Early Access Program invitation like they said they would. The regular Early Access invitation, simple as that. As @Edgewood Dome notes above, Tesla has not done so.

The rest would follow easily, thing would come out when they do, the initial Early Access crowd is just larger, but not a constantly / excessively growing population as the cut-off date means it means only early FSD buyers... and when things are ready for non Early Access, they would come out without delay.

Give the invitation an expiration date too so people like me who might be on the fence about joining can not ask to join indefinitely — very simple really. Those who want in can and everyone in the group enjoys the benefit of having been asked at least.

I would consider this promise kept.

Early adoption is not for you mate. You wanted early access, you got it. Why be upset that others get something too? Why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Give a mouse a cookie...
If is evident to me that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Early Access was promised to early adopters that purchased FSD. Early FSD adopters were told we would get invited to the Early Access Program because Tesla decreased EAP/FSD by $3,000 less than what we paid for it. Everyone gets Early Wide Access if they click on the Advanced button in the Software tab. This is not what early FSD adopters were promised.

I got an e-mail from Tesla soon after Tesla put the Advanced button in the Software tab, telling me that they satisfied their promise to give me the Early Access Program. This was a lie. Tesla lied again when they said that Wide Early Access satisfied Tesla's commitment to the early FSD adopters.

I could care less what other Tesla owners get. What I do care about is that since Tesla did not give early FSD adopters the Early Access Program, they need to refund the difference in what we paid for EAP/FSD and the lower price that other Tesla owners paid in the first two months of 2017.

I could care less what other Tesla owners get. What I do care about is that since Tesla did not give early FSD adopters the Early Access Program, they need to refund the difference in what we paid for EAP/FSD and the lower price that other Tesla owners paid in the first two months of 2017.
LOL. Irony knows no bounds.

How about refund me what I paid "extra" for LR RWD a year back ? For the same money we can get a AWD Performance.

You are comparing watermelons and bowling balls. Smh smh smh

Fair comparison in my opinion. I paid way more for my LR RWD than if I had waited, but I am an adult responsible for my own actions. I looked at my needs and my finances and what was on offer and I made a decision. I see it as new comers get and EVEN BETTER value rather than me getting 'screwed'. This us vs them stuff is what is getting the world in so much trouble. What you are asking would be roughly equivalent to asking Elon to slow down new LR RWD cars so that you felt like you got more for spending more money last year.

This forum has turned into crabs in a bucket.

We have a rear camera for rear cross traffic. Tesla already has excellent blind spot monitoring/alert. Driver focus system would be nice I guess, but we have the steering nags that work. Not sure what reverse automatic braking is. Lane Keep Assist is not needed since Tesla has something much better already called Auto Steer that actually centers in the lane instead of just assisting the driver. More voice commands would be nice, I agree. But like I said, texting voice commands are coming in V10 so we are getting that.

Basically, it sounds like you just want Tesla to do things the same way Subaru does things.
How about understanding "Call John Doe mobile." Or "Set wipers high." I'll give up the latter if you can make automatic wipers work as well as my 2013 Genesis. These are much more useful to me than Caroki (sp?). I would like to be able to set a split temperature i.e. heat to 68 and cool to 72. Again, that would be more useful than a new game and should be easy. Now if we get feature complete on FSD (as promised) then I'll be excited but I don't see that happening.

Fair comparison in my opinion. I paid way more for my LR RWD than if I had waited, but I am an adult responsible for my own actions. I looked at my needs and my finances and what was on offer and I made a decision. I see it as new comers get and EVEN BETTER value rather than me getting 'screwed'. This us vs them stuff is what is getting the world in so much trouble. What you are asking would be roughly equivalent to asking Elon to slow down new LR RWD cars so that you felt like you got more for spending more money last year.

This forum has turned into crabs in a bucket.
Have you had access and use of your LR RWD features since the day you took delivery?!? I am going out in a limb here and guess yes you have. Not a single owner has had use of FSD but some have paid as much as 2x more for it. If they had had use of the product then there would be no complaint whatsoever. It is indeed watermelons and bowling balls even if you want to cry about what you paid for a feature you have had full 100% use of since delivery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: am_dmd
How about understanding "Call John Doe mobile." Or "Set wipers high." I'll give up the latter if you can make automatic wipers work as well as my 2013 Genesis. These are much more useful to me than Caroki (sp?). I would like to be able to set a split temperature i.e. heat to 68 and cool to 72. Again, that would be more useful than a new game and should be easy. Now if we get feature complete on FSD (as promised) then I'll be excited but I don't see that happening.

I agree about karaoke being very silly. I am never going to use it. And I am never going to play Cuphead. But I love a lot of the other features coming in V10. The driver visualizations and new auto lane change animation are fantastic! I like theater mode and the new maps/hungry/lucky modes. And of course, I look forward to enhanced summon the most.

LOL. Irony knows no bounds.

How about refund me what I paid "extra" for LR RWD a year back ? For the same money we can get a AWD Performance.
I can buy the same Model S today with air suspension and a 100KW battery for $30,000 less than I paid for my S90D two and a half years ago. I understand that technology gets cheaper in future years of production.

If I trade my car in today, I would get $30,000 less plus all of the normal depreciation added on top of that. I accept that Teslas will get cheaper over time so laugh on @EVNow. What I don't accept is being lied to by Tesla and then them trying to make me believe that Early Wide Access release which everyone one can get satisfies their promise to me.