Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

must get accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All-weather trunk mat is nice (Tesla).

Tempered glass screen protector from Abstract Ocean

If you want all-weather floor mats, the 3d Maxpider are pretty good. My wife likes them. I thought she’d miss the soft feel of the [cheap] carpet.

All-weather trunk mat is nice (Tesla).

Tempered glass screen protector from Abstract Ocean

If you want all-weather floor mats, the 3d Maxpider are pretty good. My wife likes them. I thought she’d miss the soft feel of the [cheap] carpet.

I bought a tempered glass protector before I got the car and still haven't installed it yet. The factory protector is still looking good.

The 3dmaxpider mats definitely sharpen the interior compared to the garbage stock mats.

Center console is a must.
If you went Aero wheels and don’t mind a bit less range and don’t like the looks get the cap kit and pull the Aeros off.

You absolutely do not NEED to get PPF or ceramic coating, no matter how many people on here tell you to do so :)

It's pretty darn expensive and doesn't really add/maintain a significant amount of resale value.

Vinyl wraps on interior/exterior is nice and all, but keep in mind they will eventually peel and not look so great one day (just like phone wraps if you've ever used one of those). They're a bit cheap feeling/looking IMO, especially on this type of car.

You absolutely do not NEED to get PPF or ceramic coating, no matter how many people on here tell you to do so :)

It's pretty darn expensive and doesn't really add/maintain a significant amount of resale value.

Vinyl wraps on interior/exterior is nice and all, but keep in mind they will eventually peel and not look so great one day (just like phone wraps if you've ever used one of those). They're a bit cheap feeling/looking IMO, especially on this type of car.
I sort of agree with this. The wrap i would do again. Ceramic, not too convinced. My friend has the 3 as well and only got ceramic. He has a bunch of chips on the front. Mainly due to the huge front bumper (no grill). The wrap gives me piece of mind and it also has a guarantee if a rock kicks up and causes any damage, 3M pays for repairs.

Reactions: Nine2Five
Agree 100% with ceramic and PPF not being necessary especially at the price generally charged. Also people tend to be entirely unclear on what either is for.

PPF protects the paint from chips and scratches. It’s saran wrapping your car. It takes a reasonable amount of skill and patience to make it look good, hence why it costs thousands to do the whole car.

Ceramic is a hydrophobic coating that prevents dirt and grime (aka paint contamination) from sticking, allowing a simple rinse wash to result in a sparkling clean car. It won’t do anything for scratches or chips. Ceramic can be DIY’d if you have some experience detailing and that’s what I recommend for the best value because it really does make a difference in terms of keeping the car looking great with minimal effort.

I don't regret wrap of my model s.... It significantly improves the ability to enjoy the car without much anxiety. I definitely would wrap a black car.... I don't think you realize how much a wrap is helpful until you put it on the car and realize how many times it saves you from a ding, or debris, bird poop, not having something like microfiber, not having someone be careful with cleaning your car, branches, grass and twigs, rocks and cardboard boxes on the highway.... door dings, keychain scratches and dropping your coffee holder into the car, strollers, wet cement (yep, frickin' cement that splattered from a roadside construction crew, with suntek ultra or xpel, you can wipe something off your car with steel wool and when it heats up in the sun, it self heals. I got CIR on windshield and I think that makes a difference in long term wear of dashboard. Let's put it this way.... wrap is suncreen that allows you to look like you are an 18 year old swedish skin model on accutane ....

Reactions: preilly44
I decided not to wrap center console for now because I can always wrap it after it gets scratched badly.
I installed carpeted mats because I like the feel of the carpet better than rubber floor.
I installed frunk mat because I know I will be using the frunk more than the trunk.
I got the windows tinted with 25%.
I ordered the console tray for $7 on Amazon.
I ordered 16"x16" edgeless microfiber towels for cleaning the car and I keep one in the cabin to clean the center console and the screen.