Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must have accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

My M3LR is due 19th Aug :D, from lurking on these forums it is clear that many people are making modification to their M3 to improve wind noise etc...

Does anyone have a view on what modification / accessories I need to consider?
Thus far I have ordered:
  • Suitable USB drive for the dashcam
  • Raspberry Pi setup for TeslaMate
  • External wall charger 7KWh
  • 30m extension lead o_O

Also what charging cables come with the car? I presume 3 PIN and one that will work with my home charger?

Thanks

Wecolme to the fanbase :)

If you can get the Seach function to work here (takes a bit of fiddling with your query) you will find that scores of us have spent £££ and more doing exactly what you are about to delve into. I recall my own recitation of the clobber I bought before and after delivery (cringe).

Lots of answers to be found, often contradictory. A long cold drink of choice at your elbow might help!

For charging, went for the UMC 32+16A commando adaptors but that’s because home charging setup will be all “hookup” types.

Outside the car, I have gone for chinese sprung trunk/frunk struts to make loading easier with shopping/work bags in hand. Plus the Tesla key fob. And a set of cheap door seals in case the doors annoy me.

Inside the car, have gone for weatherproof floor mats from Abstract Ocean and their screen protector, plus cheapo Chinese frunk/trunk rubber liners. Plus from Tesla the roof glass sun shades.

Waiting to see how the USB setup works before committing to a storage device SSD etc.

Sitting in my amazon basket are some simple front seat covers and a set of the jack pucks.

Not sure I expected to have bought all that for a lease car but it needs to do certain things and go back in good nick. I guess I’ll be able to sell a few bits in 3 years but it’s not exactly cheap to bring the car up to a more convenient level.

• Helpful
Reactions: bookeyuk
Hi,

My M3LR is due 19th Aug :D, from lurking on these forums it is clear that many people are making modification to their M3 to improve wind noise etc...

Does anyone have a view on what modification / accessories I need to consider?
Thus far I have ordered:
  • Suitable USB drive for the dashcam
  • Raspberry Pi setup for TeslaMate
  • External wall charger 7KWh
  • 30m extension lead o_O

Also what charging cables come with the car? I presume 3 PIN and one that will work with my home charger?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum!

It’s a long, long thread, but worth a scan:

UK accessories for RHD Model 3

It covers just about anything you can get for your new Model 3!

My first “must-have” was a console wrap, unless you really like fingerprints. Abstract Ocean are the goto source.

Not sure about your 30m extension. Are you planning on topping up while driving down the road? :D

Also what charging cables come with the car? I presume 3 PIN and one that will work with my home charger
I forgot this bit...

You’ll get the Tesla granny charger for a 13A socket, and a Type-2 to Type-2 cable to use with any untethered fast chargers, either at home or on the go.

Make sure you get the Type-2 cable when you collect the car. Tesla have been known to run out and not provide it on the day.

You should also get an emergency kit in the frunk, (warning triangle and first aid kit), and of course the two key cards to unlock the car.