Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must wrap areas on MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, this is quite normal. The Falcon Wing doors actually flares out so it's a direct trajectory of whatever the front tires throw at them.
Sure, but the picture sure made it seem like he drove through a gravel road at high speeds or something. Normally, there aren't that many rocks on the road to cause that many chips.

That being said, when they repave roads, they do have a lot of loose gravel, and I can see that wrecking havoc on the doors. Definitely something to consider.

Yes, this is quite normal. The Falcon Wing doors actually flares out so it's a direct trajectory of whatever the front tires throw at them.

Look what I saw at the Kelowna supercharger. Beautiful blue X with the paint decimated by road wash. It just happens over time. Unavoidable if you do highway driving at high speed. Wrap your doors unless you only drive in the city.

BAA26EA7-FC99-4C91-8963-728A82A69848.jpeg

Same thing happened to my MX. It's definitely chips.
Wow. I've had those same spray patterns driving on snow and sanded roads dozens of times but nothing that would penetrate the paint I would think. I have my doors wrapped and if that happened to me I would distraught.:eek:

I have a few tiny chips that penetrated the hood wrap near the leading edge but that is it so far. You have to get right up to the hood to see them and I need to get some touch-up paint to use with my new painting pen.

Wow. I've had those same spray patterns driving on snow and sanded roads dozens of times but nothing that would penetrate the paint I would think. I have my doors wrapped and if that happened to me I would distraught.:eek:

I have a few tiny chips that penetrated the hood wrap near the leading edge but that is it so far. You have to get right up to the hood to see them and I need to get some touch-up paint to use with my new painting pen.

Trust me. It definitely penetrated the paint.

I was definitely distraught when it happened to my MX! :eek: It's all repainted and wrapped now :D