Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must wrap areas on MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, looking for recommendations on must-wrap areas on the Model X. I know it will be nice to wrap the entire car but I am looking for insight on those areas that suffer the most. Like the front of the car, I saw a post about the falcon door panels as they seem to get chipped by rocks thrown by the front wheels.
Thanks in advance, Martin

Hi there, looking for recommendations on must-wrap areas on the Model X. I know it will be nice to wrap the entire car but I am looking for insight on those areas that suffer the most. Like the front of the car, I saw a post about the falcon door panels as they seem to get chipped by rocks thrown by the front wheels.
Thanks in advance, Martin

What Jtdidy said. Do a full front and decide if you want to do the rest. Really is up to you. On other vehicles where I did just the front, I would end up getting a rock chip near the back and with my OCD I couldn't handle it. I do full cover now and pay the extra for my piece of mind. Cleaning is drastically reduced as is swirls, scratches etc.

That is the same thing my wife says, I know the argument... :D

But to be totally honest with you. Wrap the thing. You may keep it 5 years or maybe not but, that thing will look awesome the entire time you have it. Some people say just repaint it but, I am not about that game. Especially when Tesla has several difficult colors to blend.

But to be totally honest with you. Wrap the thing. You may keep it 5 years or maybe not but, that thing will look awesome the entire time you have it. Some people say just repaint it but, I am not about that game. Especially when Tesla has several difficult colors to blend.

Understand your point, in my discussions with one of the vendors he said the roof is one of those areas that I could probably cut. The purpose of this post was to get some real experiences like the ones you guys shared. I know by Murphy's law rocks will be attracted towards the area without protection, that is a fact :). My initial thought was to do the complete front fascia, hood and mirrors and potentially part of the doors. I will review the cost/reward of all options and share my findings for anybody interested.

Once again, thank to all who responded for your feedback

FWIW I have a full wrap. Most of my rock "events" that have even cut through the wrap are on the first part of the hood. I would definitely go for the front facia, hood and mirrors. Everything else is extra unless you are totally OCD like me.

I am totally OCD as well... That being said I have a 2016 BMW M4 without any protection at all, now that is primarily my car while this will be the family car which means it will be exposed to a lot more things.

I did full front on the X and Ceramic coated rest of car including windows for less than some shops charge for just a front wrap in SoCal :)..so definitely shop around ..im using STEK and opticoat ...I had previously full wrapped P85+ and P85D using Suntek and expel and found it is not really needed

Front bumper and hood are definitely good for rock chips. But don’t discount the doors. This shows you the spray pattern from driving an X.

full

I’d recommend a full wrap, but if you wanted to save some money I’d pick the rear hatch, quarters, and rear bumper. But definitely do the doors.

Thanks ...ok I don’t get weather like that where I’m at :oops:

Just rub it in! Weather like that or not though, that would be the approximate pattern of where your tires can throw up debris, rocks, etc.

I’d recommend all four doors in addition to the front bumper, fenders, and good. The doors are even more important than the fenders.

Just rub it in! Weather like that or not though, that would be the approximate pattern of where your tires can throw up debris, rocks, etc.

I’d recommend all four doors in addition to the front bumper, fenders, and good. The doors are even more important than the fenders.

Exactly the spray pattern is pretty crazy. I’m a full wrap guy forever lol.