Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Creaking Driver Seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had issues with the driver seat creaking if you shift around at all? Other seats in the MX are totally solid. Just started tonight in my 4 day old MX 90D with PUP and ultra white seats. Might take it by the SC in the morning to see if there is a quick fix. It is super annoying...

Anyone had issues with the driver seat creaking if you shift around at all? Other seats in the MX are totally solid. Just started tonight in my 4 day old MX 90D with PUP and ultra white seats. Might take it by the SC in the morning to see if there is a quick fix. It is super annoying...

I've had this issue in my Model S.

If you take it in to a service center they can probably improve the situation by putting some Krytox oil on some of the creaking parts.

Reactions: Finder
I also have creaks but not at the metal on metal parts, bolts, etc... but rather where the leather-like material meets the plastic back shell. Haven't taken it in yet, but I figure they could put some felt between certain areas to fix the issue. It's not too bothersome since I usually have the radio on and don't notice it, but I may bring it up on the next "major" issue I have with the MX.

Reactions: Finder
Just got home from the SC - they fit me in real quick (even though they were kind of busy). I was in and out in an hour - a bolt was loose and had to be removed and put back in. Once they did that it was completely solid - no more creaking.

Excellent experience at the SC - reinforced my decision to buy the car. Really happy.
Happy to hear you are getting a good service experience with your X.
My drivers seat has been creaking on our X for months and they claim they can't hear it.
Have been trying to get in for service since early November and have still yet to hear back from anyone as they have no service loaners available.

I had that issue on my old X and it drove me nuts. They ended up replacing my front seat last time. I just picked up my new X last week. It is worse than the first X I got a year ago. I'll be replacing the seat again if they can't get it to go away... I am surprised they are still having this issue. Till then I will keep my music up high!

I found my seat actually moved some (a lot) and creaked on delivery. It seemed to be a bolt on the riser that was stripped and just loose completely. The SC had to replace the entire riser by removing the seat and reinstalling, then replacing the plastic covers too (as they broke). You can easily see if it is that same reason by pulling off the cover in front.

Since then it is totally solid, but took a few days actually due to parts. I was a little peeved that it even made it to delivery like that - but all is good now.