Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2016 Tesla Model S 75D story - purchased June 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more shot

Tesla75D_40a_ig.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
When I bought my car last year, I specifically asked that the car be uncorked before I picked it up. The sales rep confirmed that it would be uncorked before I picked it up.

I picked up my car 10 days after the deposit and of course there was no easy way to confirm it was actually uncorked (as you need to find an empty road, have the battery at the optimal temperature, state of charge, buy a device such as a "dragy" to accurately measure the acceleration, etc.)

Needless to say I looked at other options - such as a specific OBD2 dongle that works with Tesla's and an app such as Scan My Tesla that can then read the max power of the car etc.

So I decided to schedule a service request through the Tesla app and ask Tesla to perform the Uncorking procedure. After my service appointment was confirmed, I got a text message saying that my car is qualified for the Uncorking procedure and it will be performed by a ranger at my house. By this time I was beyond ecstatic! 362 HP increases by 80 HP to 442 HP! The torque increase is even more significant and the 0-60 time drops from 5.2 to 4.2 seconds.

I sent back another text asking them to confirm that the car had not been Uncorked in the past (when I bought the car I was told it would be Uncorked and when I picked up the car, the person handling the delivery said it was) and I just got a response back that the car has not been uncorked yet. Strangely enough I was not in the least bit upset as I was very happy in my ignorance thinking the car was uncorked since I got it as its pretty fast already. :)

I am beyond ecstatic that my car is going to get this upgrade (appointment is scheduled for tomorrow morning) - I feel like I'm getting a new car!:):)

When I bought my car last year, I specifically asked that the car be uncorked before I picked it up. The sales rep confirmed that it would be uncorked before I picked it up.

I picked up my car 10 days after the deposit and of course there was no easy way to confirm it was actually uncorked (as you need to find an empty road, have the battery at the optimal temperature, state of charge, buy a device such as a "dragy" to accurately measure the acceleration, etc.)

Needless to say I looked at other options - such as a specific OBD2 dongle that works with Tesla's and an app such as Scan My Tesla that can then read the max power of the car etc.

So I decided to schedule a service request through the Tesla app and ask Tesla to perform the Uncorking procedure. After my service appointment was confirmed, I got a text message saying that my car is qualified for the Uncorking procedure and it will be performed by a ranger at my house. By this time I was beyond ecstatic! 362 HP increases by 80 HP to 442 HP! The torque increase is even more significant and the 0-60 time drops from 5.2 to 4.2 seconds.

I sent back another text asking them to confirm that the car had not been Uncorked in the past (when I bought the car I was told it would be Uncorked and when I picked up the car, the person handling the delivery said it was) and I just got a response back that the car has not been uncorked yet. Strangely enough I was not in the least bit upset as I was very happy in my ignorance thinking the car was uncorked since I got it as its pretty fast already. :)

I am beyond ecstatic that my car is going to get this upgrade (appointment is scheduled for tomorrow morning) - I feel like I'm getting a new car!:):)

Have you collected any data on your "corked" 0-60 runs (time, max Kw, etc)? Something to compare before and after?