Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my 2023 Tesla Model Y Performance totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same happened to my ‘22 perf Y. Both driver side doors replaced. Very slow hit though. $12k. No airbag deployment.

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpeg
    IMG_2687.jpeg
    910.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2677.jpeg
    IMG_2677.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2675.jpeg
    IMG_2675.jpeg
    520.4 KB · Views: 51
A body shop created an estimate for $32k based on photos but the insurance wants the body shop to take the car in and tear it down for a justifiable estimate which is going to be in couple of weeks.
Does the $32k include the rear drive unit/suspensions other than the door panel and airbags? Body shop usually is quite good up to a certain point, but still subject to some disassembly / lift up to figure out if they have missed something major.

Reactions: flixden
What happens if you’re underwater on your loan?
I don’t understand why everyone thinks totaling a car is always better than fixing. If the job is done right, there’s a good chance your car will come out just as good as new, if not better with Tesla.
It's possible, but I would not want to rely on it if the damage from the accident is serious enough to make totaling it even possible.

What happens if you’re underwater on your loan?
I don’t understand why everyone thinks totaling a car is always better than fixing. If the job is done right, there’s a good chance your car will come out just as good as new, if not better with Tesla.
if you are underwater then you took a bad loan, horrible reason to not want a car totaled sorry. With big impacts and things like that its always better to get it totaled. yes body shops can do great things and yes maybe you get it back good but you just never know and the annoyance of waiting is always more than just getting a replacement.

Reactions: flixden