Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car didn't lock today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I left my car for the first time at the train station today (gulp). and since I was a little extra paranoid, I decided to double hit the lock button on my fob. It didn't seem to lock the doors. I decided to walk away and figured it would auto lock once I walked away further. I checked like 10 minutes later from the app and my car still showed unlocked. Any idea why my car didn't lock? I might have forgotten to put it in park by pressing the button. Now I am always worried that it won't lock automatically.

So I left my car for the first time at the train station today (gulp). and since I was a little extra paranoid, I decided to double hit the lock button on my fob. It didn't seem to lock the doors. I decided to walk away and figured it would auto lock once I walked away further. I checked like 10 minutes later from the app and my car still showed unlocked. Any idea why my car didn't lock? I might have forgotten to put it in park by pressing the button. Now I am always worried that it won't lock automatically.
From the Owners Manual - "Single-click to lock doors and trunks (all doors and trunks must be closed."
There's a recent thread about walk away door locking not working on some cars after one of the recent updates.

• Love
Reactions: mbhforum
Yea, the FOB will overrule the car's own self locking. Double click = everyone party in this Tesla until the owner returns. Click once. Car's turn signals will blink and door handles will retract. Also check with App (lock icon and home page indicates lock/unlocked status)