Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car was 94 degrees inside and it is still only spring!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you say the insulator panels do a good job of keeping temps lower? If anyone has any experience or has any comparisons with on vs off temps, I’d love to hear about it!

Tesla brags on the webstore that they lower the temperature. I was skeptical but after installing them (in 90F+ temps), they were definitely right. Without them, my head was feeling hot air coming from the glass, like it was in its own climate zone or someone had a hotplate near it, and with them, my head is totally fine and I can place my palm on them and feel very little heat.

The idea behind heat management is insulation..which means a proper space between two walls like in your house to trap the air. Another good insulator, engineer friends tell me, can be ordinary bubble wrap.

This also means they should lock in warmth during winter just as well.

Well, problem solved! As discussed here- the problem has been the M3 glass roof is getting to hot in the (California) summer, and radiates its heat inside the cabin.

I finally got around to buy and install the Bensor Sunshade (Amazon $50 for a set that includes front and rear). What a difference. Traveled 100 miles today, at 90-100 degrees in Southern California -the car ceiling was much cooler, and the A/C didn't have to work extra hard.
The installation is simple (see below) and quick, and the shades stay in place as promised.

Bensor Installation video

Frugal guy video

Well, problem solved! As discussed here- the problem has been the M3 glass roof is getting to hot in the (California) summer, and radiates its heat inside the cabin.

I finally got around to buy and install the Bensor Sunshade (Amazon $50 for a set that includes front and rear). What a difference. Traveled 100 miles today, at 90-100 degrees in Southern California -the car ceiling was much cooler, and the A/C didn't have to work extra hard.
The installation is simple (see below) and quick, and the shades stay in place as promised.

Frugal guy video
Well, 1300 miles later, driving in Southern Arizona for 10 days at 100-105F, I can declare that sunshade works like a charm. Both the Tesla A/C and the passengers inside are not overworked.... Highly recommended!

Reactions: elf9

Frugal guy video
(posted after using the product for 2 summers)
I purchased "BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades with Skylight Reflective Covers Set of 4 2020 Upgarde" on Amazon.

Yes, it blocks the sun from above, but unfortunately the rear roof section SAGS AND KEEPS FALLING every once in awhile.
The reason being is that the provided plastic clips get deformed with time and lose their hold.

I have Emailed and asked Basenor "PLEASE SEND ME REPLACEMENT SETS OF CLIPS (ONE SET FOR THE FRONT AND ONE FOR THE BACK SHEILDS)" but never heard from them.

1. Not so good product
2. And even worse- customer service

(posted after using the product for 2 summers)
I purchased "BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades with Skylight Reflective Covers Set of 4 2020 Upgarde" on Amazon.

Yes, it blocks the sun from above, but unfortunately the rear roof section SAGS AND KEEPS FALLING every once in awhile.
The reason being is that the provided plastic clips get deformed with time and lose their hold.

I have Emailed and asked Basenor "PLEASE SEND ME REPLACEMENT SETS OF CLIPS (ONE SET FOR THE FRONT AND ONE FOR THE BACK SHEILDS)" but never heard from them.

1. Not so good product
2. And even worse- customer service
I guess may early recommendation was premature. NO- I DO NOT RECOMMEND BASENOR, not the company nor the sunshade product they are selling.
The flimsy plastic clips that are supposed to hold the thing in place get deformed (see picture) by the heat under the roof and the sunshade keep falling!
When I contacted them to send me (just) a new set of clips, they suggested that I'll buy a new set on Amazon from ANOTHER reseller, and they promised to reimburse me. I am still waiting.

Attachments

• Basenor deformed clips.jpg
    Basenor deformed clips.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 52
Tesla brags on the webstore that they lower the temperature. I was skeptical but after installing them (in 90F+ temps), they were definitely right. Without them, my head was feeling hot air coming from the glass, like it was in its own climate zone or someone had a hotplate near it, and with them, my head is totally fine and I can place my palm on them and feel very little heat.

The idea behind heat management is insulation..which means a proper space between two walls like in your house to trap the air. Another good insulator, engineer friends tell me, can be ordinary bubble wrap.

This also means they should lock in warmth during winter just as well.

insulator panels link? knockoff or OEM?

Has anyone had this happen? It was only around 65 degrees F outside, I live in the NY. I was inside the house and sending directions to my car from my phone and I saw that it was 94 in the interior. The heat was not on, it was on the side of my house and had been in the shade for most of the day, sun for a couple of hours. Is this my car malfunctioning or is it the huge expanse of glass soaking up the sun?
Like others say, sure it is expected. I think it has happened to every car I have had in the last 50 years.