Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car was 94 degrees inside and it is still only spring!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had this happen? It was only around 65 degrees F outside, I live in the NY. I was inside the house and sending directions to my car from my phone and I saw that it was 94 in the interior. The heat was not on, it was on the side of my house and had been in the shade for most of the day, sun for a couple of hours. Is this my car malfunctioning or is it the huge expanse of glass soaking up the sun? I know I can set the car to maintain a certain temp but I don't like the idea of using up the charge on that all day/every day. Thoughts?

...Thoughts?

It's the characteristic of the greenhouse effect.

It might be freezing outside but any car is still toasty under the sun or even on a cloudy day.

That's why pets and babies die unattended in gasoline cars because parents don't have a Tesla app to see how hot their gasoline cars are.

If you are concerned about the cabin heat then just pay up an additional energy bill and set your Tesla for Cabin Overheat Protection.

If you are concerned about the energy bill then let your cabin heats up outdoor or you can bring your car indoor.

You ain't seen nothin' yet. Last summer I slow cooked some ribs in the cabin while I was working. Kidding aside, hitting the 100's is easy.
I have a solar cooker and was thinking of using it but I guess now I will just use the car! :) It is good to know that this is something I should be aware of. Do you know if there are any issues w/ the cabin getting so hot? I read that A/C will kick in if it reaches 120. I will just have to do the opposite of the winter checking/heating up now I guess.

• Funny
Reactions: robski
Leave the windows cracked open if it bothers you that much. Ceramic tint should definitely help with that as well. I don't like using the cabin protection either due to range loss but installing the ceramic tint definitely helped.
I thought of leaving the windows open but I also have a thing w/ spiders...somehow they always find a way in my car and drop in front of my face or run across the steering wheel. Almost have caused me to crash before.