Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My dash says how much I’m paying for super charging, but my account history says $0.00

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been to a supercharger twice now while I wait to get my home charger installed. My account does say “Pay per use supercharging”

When I plug in, it does inform me of the $ cost in bottom left while charging. However when I check my account history online, it says $0.00. My credit card is correctly linked to my account as well. Picture attached.

Am I not being charged for supercharging? Or will these $0.00 prices update at some point? My referrals say “0” as well in case I was somehow getting referral bonus charging.

Attachments

• cha.png
    cha.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 217
Did you use someone as your referral when you bought yours? Referral Program
"You and whoever you refer each get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging when they purchase a new Tesla. "

Ooooh yeah I forgot about that. My sales advisor just gave me someone's referral when I was purchasing. Although I never got any notification or anything.

That explains a lot... ha thank you! So 1,000 miles of free supercharging is essentially 400 kwh?

Depends on which model you have but 1000 miles would be around 250kwh for a LR AWD. I estimate around 240 kwh for a LR RWD?

So this may be a dumb question, but is this tracked anywhere? (the 1000 miles of free supercharging that anyone would get... is there a tracker/countdown of what's been used anywhere?)

Or do we have to basically manually calculate it along the way?

I believe it’s 400 kWh of energy. Sometimes they’ll use miles so that it’s easier for people to know roughly how much energy that is, but it’s very hard to measure how many miles you went off of supercharging.
They almost always use kWh as a unit when it comes to payment/referral

The first two times I Supercharged I saw the cost displayed on the screen and also in my online account. This was within a week or so after getting my car. Then, for about six months, none of the dozen or so Supercharging sessions were posted to my account. This included a round-trip to L.A. where I stopped at Kettleman City and Glendale Superchargers. The cost still appeared on the screen but as soon as I drove away, the amount changed to $0.00 and I was not billed for them. After that period of time, sessions were again billed to my credit card. I was not expecting to receive any free Supercharging as I didn't use any referral codes. I just assumed that somebody screwed up when they set up my account.

BTW, my account stated that I had pay-per-use Supercharging during that time.

I’ve been to a supercharger twice now while I wait to get my home charger installed. My account does say “Pay per use supercharging”

When I plug in, it does inform me of the $ cost in bottom left while charging. However when I check my account history online, it says $0.00. My credit card is correctly linked to my account as well. Picture attached.

Am I not being charged for supercharging? Or will these $0.00 prices update at some point? My referrals say “0” as well in case I was somehow getting referral bonus charging.
This is the same situation for me. My free 6 months of supercharging just ended. When I charged recently, my car display said $12.00. When I got home and looked on my account, it appeared as $0.00 and displayed the kWh that I used. Just like your picture. Nothing has been charged to my credit card. The next day, the screen in my car displayed $0.00

This is the same situation for me. My free 6 months of supercharging just ended. When I charged recently, my car display said $12.00. When I got home and looked on my account, it appeared as $0.00 and displayed the kWh that I used. Just like your picture. Nothing has been charged to my credit card. The next day, the screen in my car displayed $0.00

So maybe, you know, don't mention this to anyone or post about it? :)