Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will They Take Away My Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Friends!

So it turns out my 2016 Model S P100DL has Unlimited Free Supercharging. The dealership did not even realize this. However, after I got my account paired with the app and car, under specs it is right there. I even did that browser method where you see if it says like SC01, which mine does. To verify, I took it to a super charger and charged for about 20 minutes and had a $0.00 reading.

However, now I am quite concerned because I don't want Tesla to take that way from me. I have an appointment in about 10 days for the MCU2 upgrade. Does anyone know if they would yank my free supercharging? It was originally a regular buyer who owned it for about three years, then sold and used as a fleet vehicle for about four years, then sold to the dealership where I bought it from last week.

My understanding, quite possibly wrong, was that some vehicles did have unlimited supercharging anddddd could be freely transferred and you did not have to worry about getting a vehicle serviced because they wouldn't take it away? Does anyone know if that is true?

Last edited:
Anything sold in 2016 has free transferrable supercharging so long as Tesla has never taken possession of the car after the initial owner (i.e. they accepted it as a trade or a lease return), or the previous owner did not voluntarily surrender it in the Q2 2023 promo that allowed them to turn it in for an additional 3 years of free supercharging on a new car.

MCU2 or any other service has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Anything sold in 2016 has free transferrable supercharging so long as Tesla has never taken possession of the car after the initial owner (i.e. they accepted it as a trade or a lease return), or the previous owner did not voluntarily surrender it in the Q2 2023 promo that allowed them to turn it in for an additional 3 years of free supercharging on a new car.

MCU2 or any other service has nothing to do with it whatsoever.
AHHHH fantastic. I didn't know if the "take possession" meant serviced as well--I could see Elon doing that lmao. Fantastic! I appreciate it. Made my night. I had thought I had read there was some situation where you could transfer it, but only one time. That is what I was concerned about!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906_202159_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906_202159_Chrome.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 127
The good news is it’s worth a bit more with FUSC (about 5K)
My neighbor has a MS P100DL ( no unlimited SC) Tesla offered a buy price of 37K for it 2 days ago …….. he was gonna upgrade to PLAID
The car has 53K for miles …. Crazy times
He paid 62 for it a year ago. He decided he’s just gonna keep it for next 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: MdlSP100D'16
The good news is it’s worth a bit more with FUSC (about 5K)
My neighbor has a MS P100DL ( no unlimited SC) Tesla offered a buy price of 37K for it 2 days ago …….. he was gonna upgrade to PLAID
The car has 53K for miles …. Crazy times
He paid 62 for it a year ago. He decided he’s just gonna keep it for next 5 years.
Thats awesome! I ran mine through Tesla's quote generator to see what they'd give me (just outta curiosity--I love the car and just got it haha) and it was $28k. I assume because my mileage is at 95k miles. I just bought mine for $37k (before downpayment and tradein) but I felt that was a super fair price for a car that retailed at $166k with all the options and upgrades it has, plus FUSC, plus being in perfect condition and having Battery/DriveUnit warranties until Oct. '25. The PLAID is sweat though. I have watched tons of videos of my P100DL+ smashing other cars in drag races but also have seen the PLAID smash my car lmao.