Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Favorite Use of the Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

chronopc

Jul 8, 2017
California
noFU06wiAHQlEYrZHuQuG5tJVrFCWKf6hXXYcm-nKTdu3HO2ej0uAEDuplYRKSwpkFKt-am5IQuqYzz1KrOv3sRyu5j5Su_ThTDPHSv-FeEPCgwCUaWvOe0ywByKBanwYLejSQuA7bmw4mt02ORGrhMEn6mVOYbKas4-6XhR3UBf86YHlZipsU1BfK0sxRlQxnqr6pBQuq5vYaPGSZ4421GHzAGffA9hJQLtuSivnHMhqn_4dKqMs3x62aQsYxWuUHMgQ5IOadQrpQmorx0E7_FKM_47FAKOoEnjviRZ29OTN9MnW_tNB7F9XdRCZRyVScL8C4VKIE2UK3BVZ0qa_BJ8k3ZjwVTP04qTYpFWS62rvH1BRIVm40qtS00WtdiITL8mqwkEnXdyon8yJ5msfNWgHSM03DeW9u7ckAe6v5eOWjhdl5QCjQZ8w5I2aYgDVhf7WI_015HaComC7V1YADuVcu4jDD7nGv5VmH6yvALkGVAdT1zoa6BYs3buCbUYVVhamc3UMQ2gBZbNVGn3c-axexhsazSL-wzxk7U65-rwm4dbHV4gUwEirasv1NZoZ2Un31_tCJzr04mrLJTrpNJCXyvOMQEUGAONWNJ0ajIa_xP1eLBQa9fcnWxnz-d4xlUfKYIjBJc3du9vWtHro21GUw=w1610-h905-no

• Funny
Reactions: Vintre
Tire inflator and jizz kit, UMC, snow chains. In other words, just the things I hope I never have to use.

Used the frunk on Model S a fair bit, but it's incredibly inconvenient to use on the 3 because of the need to use the mobile app (and the fob is garbage because it doesn't do summon or proximity lock/unlock, so I'm not going to waste money to buy one or pocket space to carry it… but if it did Summon and proximity lock/unlock I'd buy it in a heartbeat), so I only use the frunk on the 3 for things I don't expect to touch more than once or twice a year.

Food is not allowed in my cabin, barring a few exceptions. The frunk is amazing from this regard. I never thought about it, but putting food in the frunk means no leftover or takeout smell in the cabin!
The smell actually comes in.
The air intake openings are right behind the frunk.
I was carrying Chinese food in the frunk today and the smell came into the cabin area.

• Helpful
Reactions: UTMB
The smell actually comes in.
The air intake openings are right behind the frunk.
I was carrying Chinese food in the frunk today and the smell came into the cabin area.

It does a bit, but nothing like when it is in the cabin or trunk. Also, I believe the air intakes are outside the sealed part of the frunk, so a tiny bit of odor escapes, but it is supposed to be water tight!

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I would use the Frunk a whole lot more if it wasn’t so weird to close. It makes me nervous every time, not to mention the finger prints it leaves on my Solid Black paint. I have this fear I’m going to put too much pressure in one place and dent it when pushing it closed. I’ve learned to avoid it altogether, which is too bad, as it would be very useful and convenient, especially hauling groceries or food you don’t want smell lingering in the car.

I would use the Frunk a whole lot more if it wasn’t so weird to close. It makes me nervous every time, not to mention the finger prints it leaves on my Solid Black paint. I have this fear I’m going to put too much pressure in one place and dent it when pushing it closed. I’ve learned to avoid it altogether, which is too bad, as it would be very useful and convenient, especially hauling groceries or food you don’t want smell lingering in the car.
This

Reactions: C141medic