Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first road Model S road trip Munich - Paris

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The lessons are pretty obvious:

- Without the stomach for it - you obviously do have the stomach for it - don't plan on making very long trips as long as the European Supercharger-network hasn't been rolled out yet (wasn't planning on doing that anyway).
- Tesla still doesn't seem to have the 12V-problem under control.
- Like in the US the Signature-owners again are the beta-testers (this time for the European modifications, especially charger and cables).

Yes, I love trying out things. And I didn't want to sound to negative with my report. It is more that with all the waiting for the S my expectations have been risen a bit too much ;-)

Regarding the 12V problem. I think it is something different than what others experienced in the US. I confirmed with the local Tesla Service that I already have the upgraded battery. It seems one of the reasons could have been that I have remotely stopped the charging and this left the car in a condition which depleted the battery. Anybody with a 5.0 version feel free to test ;-)

The lessons are pretty obvious:

- Without the stomach for it - you obviously do have the stomach for it - don't plan on making very long trips as long as the European Supercharger-network hasn't been rolled out yet (wasn't planning on doing that anyway).
- Tesla still doesn't seem to have the 12V-problem under control.
- Like in the US the Signature-owners again are the beta-testers (this time for the European modifications, especially charger and cables).

A late reply here but just to say that long trips can be done but they need planning. I always recharge at hotels and combine the stop with a meal or snack or overnight stay to give them some business and thank them for the recharge. I call them and send emails about the kind of socket I want (22kw 5 pin 3 phase CEE red).

With this technique I have Spain covered and my family and I did Tilburg to Madrid in a weekend (1750kms) no problem.

If anyone wants help organising a trip in the EU just give me a call and I'll sort it out for you the best I can.

Mark

OP wrote:

"Looks to me that Tesla really screwed up their cable. Anybody know to whom at Tesla this should be reported?"

Tesla takes inputs, comments and repair service requests at: [email protected].

Particularly as a new owner in Europe, they are sure to value your inputs so please send them ASAP so as to help pave the road ahead for others.

Thanks!