Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Floor Mat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is no one else having a problem with the floor mat tongue on the left side of the driver’s side floor mat?

Mine will not stay up. I’ve tried multiple Velcro products. None will stick to the back of the floor mat.

This is really annoying and I would love a suggestion.

Reactions: cbo111
Is no one else having a problem with the floor mat tongue on the left side of the driver’s side floor mat?

Mine will not stay up. I’ve tried multiple Velcro products. None will stick to the back of the floor mat.

This is really annoying and I would love a suggestion.
I have the same issue. I believe that tongue piece covers what is called the "dead pedal". I wish Tesla had made the mat in a way that the tongue was connected to the floor section like the all-weather mats. That floppy piece is not a good design.

My MYLR has the same problem. I’m going to get all weather mats and be done with it. While I am not a big fan of the all weather mat look, I think it’s a smart move when i think about getting in the car with snowy wet feet right above the place where the batteries are.

The problem with all weather mats for me is that I think they look kind of unattractive, and they feel uncomfortable. A good heavy rubber mat would be ok, but so many seem to have gone synthetic rubber now including Tesla's own mats. The popular 3D printed "plastic" ones, to me anyway, are even worse. The fit is great, but the ones I tried (3D MaxPider) were so hard on the surface with no ridges to collect debris. it was like having an aluminum tray on the floor. They would definitely come in handy if my boots were full of dirty slushy snow, but I really don't see the attraction otherwise. I prefer carpet, but yes, that dead pedal flap is annoying. Wish they made a carpet mat that wrapped around the side of the pedal like all weather mats and was secured in place somehow. That would be great!

I agree that little "flappy" part is silly. I too prefer carpeted floor mats and I wish there were more aftermarket options that are made very well and plush, but I haven't found any.

Do not shy away from all-weather mats; I just bought the LDCRS ones when they updated them for the 2021 models and I am VERY pleased with them. Excellent quality and fit.

I've been looking for a thread to complain about how sh*tty Tesla's mats are on their website - AVOID!!! Plus, their customer service is non-existent. I'll just say it is impossible to get in touch with them if there is an issue. Tesla is not Apple - their accessories are worse than what you can buy from Walmart.

Our mats that come with the car, seem to fit snug so this is not an issue. I don't know why I didn't take a good look...so I didn't realize that it had mats. I ordered a set for DH for his bday. Turns out it's the same mats as what the car comes with so they're going back.

The all-weather mats for the trunk were HORRIBLE!! They didn't fit - what the heck?! Plus, the main piece is one mat and doesn't take into account the crease/opening. The mini-mat for that additional storage area underneath the trunk also doesn't fit. They're going back too.

My friend had ordered the all-weathered mats for the interior and trunk from Tesmanian (Tesla Model Y Accessories) and while I also don't like how they look inside the car, they seem to fit very well when she and I went on a mini roadtrip in her car. I just ordered the ones for the trunk.

Don't get suckered like I did into buying anything other than the wall charger from the Tesla shop. It's all junk.

so i've narrowed my new mats to LDCRS and Tuxmats. @Trip McNealy recommendation is pushing me to LDCRS.... anyone with Tuxmats experience?
I got the TuxMats and I really like them. Had 3D type ones previously (not going to name them, but you can find my honest review of them too if you look) and the fit was not good. Tuxmats covers everything carpet looking :)

My review is here - Best All Weather floor mats for MY

I’ve got the LDCRS and am pleased with them, but I don’t think they are on the same level as the tuxmats. Those things cover everything, was a little much for what I was looking for. Depends how much coverage you want.

• Love
Reactions: ldcrsmode
I ordered the LCDRS and they'll be delivered by Amazon tomorrow. I wanted the Tuxmats but they were sold out everywhere (tuxmats site and amazon, in particular) with no info on when they would be available. The weather won't wait for supply chain issues so i pulled the trigger on the LCDRS mats. If they suck, i could buy the tuxmats too. I'll report back when the LCDRS mats are in my car this weekend

I ordered the LDCRS as well. I never order mats for any car I've owned, but after a year with the stock ones, the drivers side mat is constantly bunching up on the right side. Nothing seems to hold it in place properly and I'm tired of constantly re-adjusting it. Oddly enough, the dead pedal part stays in place, just not the bottom...

Im happy with the LDCRS mats. They look good and fit well. so far no snow here but ive had wet shoes from rain and drool from my dog in the back and the mats are doing their thing! I'd buy them again.