Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My frunk was shrunk!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A small cautionary tale for those of us that follow everychange or nook and cranny of the Teslaverse.

I drive a 2018 silver metallic M3. It is a bit of a ghost and attracts other vehicles on a somewhat regular basis including a bus backing into the front end. When my car was returned from repair, and I started loading my gear back into the vehicle it wouldn't fit. I have now read that the shape and size of the frunk has indeed changed. It appears that the replacement parts are now the new size.

It seems that most here do not really use the frunk regularly, but I miss my space!! I used to carry all my field gear in this one handy location - hard hats - 2, boots, tapes and foul weather gear. It doesn't all fit as neatly as it did before, and there is no spare space for the protected camera and light equipment bag that I normally but in for each trip as needed.

Nothing to be done now, but for those few who use this space regularly, don't let a party bus back into you!

That's wild, and this will make things even worse for you, but I'm sure that yesterday there was a frunk on craigslist up here in Dallas (though I'm not sure from what model vehicle). Unfortunately I don't see it now, but if it's just a plastic bin, maybe you can get a replacement old style from a wrecking yard ... sorry auto-recycler, or haunt craigslist

If I see that thing again, I'll let you know

nuts: I looked again and found it and it's for a 3 - but then again, 70% commonality . . .

Reactions: DeeDeeCee
Thank you for the move. I do think that this change in new M3s may be due to preparation for the heat pump, and / or newer equipment. I just didn't think it would that big a change or that it would really change how I could use this space that I have grown to use constantly and on which I now rely.