Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Lease Agreement shows 28k VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Been lurking since I ordered an MY in July. I have a delivery date on 8/30. But I am looking at my agreement and seeing that the vin is a 28k vin. I was under the impression VINs are in 34-38k range. Wondering if this a reject.

Any thoughts ?

Hi all,

Been lurking since I ordered an MY in July. I have a delivery date on 8/30. But I am looking at my agreement and seeing that the vin is a 28k vin. I was under the impression VINs are in 34-38k range. Wondering if this a reject.

Any thoughts ?
@matthead
I suggest do not feel disheartened. I took delivery of a 30*** Y a week ago, when the new VINs were in the 34+**** range. To my surprise other than a panel being out of alignment the car was good. The panel alignment was fixed with in 5 minutes.

So do not pay attention to the VIN number [yes it is sequential and corresponds to date of production], but pay attention to the car. Notice any defects and get it corrected BEFORE you take delivery. If they are minor then ok accept SC fix at a later date.

Just my 2 cents.

@matthead
I suggest do not feel disheartened. I took delivery of a 30*** Y a week ago, when the new VINs were in the 34+**** range. To my surprise other than a panel being out of alignment the car was good. The panel alignment was fixed with in 5 minutes.

So do not pay attention to the VIN number [yes it is sequential and corresponds to date of production], but pay attention to the car. Notice any defects and get it corrected BEFORE you take delivery. If they are minor then ok accept SC fix at a later date.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks. Yes I am just going to examine the car, and hope for very minor defects.

Glad to hear they fixed your panel alignment was fixed in 5 minutes!