Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR ordered in July 2021, estimated delivery date is now June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a red Model 3 SR+ with 19 inch wheels and FSD in mid November 2021. Original estimate was June 2022. Two weeks later, Mar-Apr. 2 weeks later Dec 2021-Jan 2022. At the end of December it changed again to Feb, then Apr-May. Two weeks ago it finally narrowed to Apr 7-21. I was finalizing loan details tonight and it suddenly is now June-July. It’s like water torture.
I feel you. I had to redo financing as well because when the car became available my financing offer had just expired for 1 week. My credit score took a hit but I wasn't getting any other loan at the time so I didn't care much about it.

Ordered mine 7/27, MYLR Blue/White no tow or FSD. My EDD has been pretty consistent for the last two months at 5/2-5/30. So hopefully I will have my car sometime next month.
I had an open order since Feb 21 when I changed my Nov 2019 RWD reservation to AWD once Tesla finally admitted they won’t make the RWD. My EDD had most recently been pushed again, now to July-Aug 2022.
My patience was finally gone.

My SA had stopped returning my calls and texts a few months ago so mid last week I instead reached out to my local showroom. My call got routed to a Tesla call center. The person who answered was very sympathetic and said my order was one of the longest he had ever seen. He said he would call my delivery center and see what they can do and would also try other nearby delivery centers. He said to please be patient for just a few more days.

I was skeptical but he came through. Yesterday I checked my account and had a VIN assigned with a delivery date for tomorrow. FINALLY!

So, for those with last July order dates, be the squeaky wheel.

I had an open order since Feb 21 when I changed my Nov 2019 RWD reservation to AWD once Tesla finally admitted they won’t make the RWD. My EDD had most recently been pushed again, now to July-Aug 2022.
My patience was finally gone.

My SA had stopped returning my calls and texts a few months ago so mid last week I instead reached out to my local showroom. My call got routed to a Tesla call center. The person who answered was very sympathetic and said my order was one of the longest he had ever seen. He said he would call my delivery center and see what they can do and would also try other nearby delivery centers. He said to please be patient for just a few more days.

I was skeptical but he came through. Yesterday I checked my account and had a VIN assigned with a delivery date for tomorrow. FINALLY!

So, for those with last July order dates, be the squeaky wheel.
Congratulations! Actually, on May 1 (my EDD was 5/2-5/30) my EDD got moved to 5/26-6/23. So for the first time, I called Tesla, and like you, got a very sympathetic person on the line. However, she said she could do nothing. But a few days later, my EDD moved up to 5/22-6/5, so maybe I got a little help there. Curious - what is the config on your car? I am thinking that being blue/white is not very ordinary, so that's why the long wait for me.

Congratulations! Actually, on May 1 (my EDD was 5/2-5/30) my EDD got moved to 5/26-6/23. So for the first time, I called Tesla, and like you, got a very sympathetic person on the line. However, she said she could do nothing. But a few days later, my EDD moved up to 5/22-6/5, so maybe I got a little help there. Curious - what is the config on your car? I am thinking that being blue/white is not very ordinary, so that's why the long wait for me.
Just curious how you "call" tesla? Can you give me the number ? My SA is a ghost as well...Thanks!

We have a pretty common build i think. White/white with 20” wheels. No tailgate and no FSD.
Blue is probably more rare. But there has to be one out there and there is no reason someone with a December 21 order should be getting a car before someone with a July 21 order.

I think the biggest reason we got one right away may have been because we technically have had an order on file since Nov 2019.

Reactions: rmeliot