Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 had a stroke it seems like

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not surprised to see someone say this, although I disagree fairly strongly. For some, there is no such thing as a moderator having "regular" interaction, or having an opinion on anything.

You'd have more of a leg to stand on if you hadn't been commenting in so many threads demanding evidence from people having problems. Including the Salt Lake City incident thread.

Free speech should be available to everyone. Sure if the owners of the forum don’t like it, they can remove him from the role but the two should not be confused by anyone

Sorry, but this forum isn't a government, so "free speech" has nothing to do with anything here.

There is some legitimacy to the complaints about jjandorin, but there is also a big element of unfairness to the complaints. It’s as if jjandorin is on a freeway full of cars going 80-85 miles per hour, and jjandorin is going 70 miles per hour, and for some reason he is the one who is getting pulled over for a speeding ticket.

I haven’t really studied his older posts but my impression is that he is a work in progress, increasingly trying to be a bit more empathic than, say, he might have been a while back. That simply can’t be said about a few dozen of the veteran fanboys/EV car jocks who inhabit this site and assume that their expertise also doubles as a license to practice social ineptitude. Given the environment he exists in and the work he is putting in to improve himself, I believe he deserves some slack as far as complaints about his bedside manner.

Reactions: 3Volts2aTes
Free speech as in what any other regular forum member can post should be available to the moderator too. We can’t and should not put them on a pedestal and ban them from equal participation in the discussion.
Goodness. Nobody is suggesting banning anyone. Everyone’s free to post. Just as free as those who wish to share their reactions to things that bother them.

Reactions: DrDabbles
That’s what happens if we don’t get the cars back in time 😂.
No update, car still stuck at the SC. It hasn’t shown up in the app so far, so I can only assume they either haven’t gotten to it or it’s really still dead. They said it’s likely the battery, then they were waiting for some parts. Then the weekend hit and we’ll get more updates tomorrow.

That’s what happens if we don’t get the cars back in time 😂.
No update, car still stuck at the SC. It hasn’t shown up in the app so far, so I can only assume they either haven’t gotten to it or it’s really still dead. They said it’s likely the battery, then they were waiting for some parts. Then the weekend hit and we’ll get more updates tomorrow.
That's an awful long time. As much as I love my car, my 3 service experiences in LA for very minor issues hadn't been very speedy. It makes me quite worried about the future (especially the next 2-5 years), the lack of service centers, and the almost complete monopoly of diagnostics/parts, plus the huge number of Teslas being sold... the wait time is just gonna get worse.

Free speech as in what any other regular forum member can post should be available to the moderator too. We can’t and should not put them on a pedestal and ban them from equal participation in the discussion.

Then perhaps this mod in particular should stop trolling peoples posts about problems with an almost verbatim response, or stop demanding "proof" when people have problems, and be more empathetic to people that have a $60k+ vehicle that just died without warning? Because they've locked posts, and caused people to get absolutely flamed off this site on more than one occasion.

• Disagree
Reactions: davewill
No real update, they’re aiming to have it ready by end of day tomorrow (Tues). It at least showed up in app as in service, which means it’s back from the dead.
I was offered a loaner today, but it was too late in the afternoon to pick it up. If the car doesn’t get done tomorrow I’ll take the loaner.
After an initial delay with communication today, the chat was fairly fluent, friendly and helpful.

Looks like it was a legit issue:

Concern: Customer States: Vehicle Shut down while driving.
Verified customer concern. Vehicle is unresponsive. Reviewed vehicle logs and found communication issue. After several wiring checks found a loose pin connection in a right body control module connector Replaced pin. Verified proper connection. Verified vehicle is now functioning properly and communication has been restored at this time.

Looks like it was a legit issue:

Concern: Customer States: Vehicle Shut down while driving.
Verified customer concern. Vehicle is unresponsive. Reviewed vehicle logs and found communication issue. After several wiring checks found a loose pin connection in a right body control module connector Replaced pin. Verified proper connection. Verified vehicle is now functioning properly and communication has been restored at this time.
Did they give any indication as to what might have caused it?

No I wasn’t able to talk to anyone. I did drive over a metal road plate (at low speed) and then took a left into our neighborhood. I guess that did the trick to loosen the connection?
Eh, I bet this wasn't anything you did. Seems unlikely that connectors would be susceptible to disconnecting from road conditions and/or vibration. More likely it was a faulty connection/connector at manufacture but it took this long to present itself. Unlikely to cause future problems.

I have to say (now that I had some time to let this all sink in) that this was actually extremely well done on their end. I've seen cars stuck at the dealer for weeks for issues like this, waiting for ECUs to just get replaced one by one because no one actually diagnoses issues like this. So I have to give it to them for identifying the issue and fixing it in pretty much 2.5 working days.

Journey isn’t over yet. Had two very similar issues, at least without the power down. But brakes we barely operating and had multiple turtle situations. So far letting the sleep fixed it and some shorter drives were fine, but need a reliable car for getting kids to school without the fear of not making it.

Attachments

• D0EA4A8D-A3D8-4F4D-8DFE-BCBA024E342B.jpeg
    D0EA4A8D-A3D8-4F4D-8DFE-BCBA024E342B.jpeg
    416.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 40611F37-938A-465A-B92C-A874479C81DE.jpeg
    40611F37-938A-465A-B92C-A874479C81DE.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 58
  • ED06C903-5BAA-4066-9563-43E34AF2EC53.jpeg
    ED06C903-5BAA-4066-9563-43E34AF2EC53.jpeg
    597.2 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: enemji
Journey isn’t over yet. Had two very similar issues, at least without the power down. But brakes we barely operating and had multiple turtle situations. So far letting the sleep fixed it and some shorter drives were fine, but need a reliable car for getting kids to school without the fear of not making it.
Sorry to hear this. Are these the same issues you had before? If so, make sure you provide the exact time and date this happened to the SA rather than just a picture of the error codes. Even though I did this, the SA didn’t relay it to the tech. Really curious to see if they have the same SOP for this as they did with my issues (Ignore the first time and replace the PCS if the same error codes pop up again). Really interested to see if it’s another PCS issue.

But yes, the reliability is what set me off. My wife cannot have a car that is unreliable, not to mention dangerous to drive. Though I think replacing the PCS did solve our problems.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Similar issues. It didn’t shut down, but hard to tell if it would have eventually. At least so far it recovers after sleep but still not optimal if I’m going up to Park City at 70MPH.
I also triggered reports when it happened. First appointment is five weeks from now. I just installed the latest update, gonna see if it happens again then I’m gonna go the tow route.

Reactions: phishphan
There is some legitimacy to the complaints about jjandorin, but there is also a big element of unfairness to the complaints. It’s as if jjandorin is on a freeway full of cars going 80-85 miles per hour, and jjandorin is going 70 miles per hour, and for some reason he is the one who is getting pulled over for a speeding ticket.

I haven’t really studied his older posts but my impression is that he is a work in progress, increasingly trying to be a bit more empathic than, say, he might have been a while back. That simply can’t be said about a few dozen of the veteran fanboys/EV car jocks who inhabit this site and assume that their expertise also doubles as a license to practice social ineptitude. Given the environment he exists in and the work he is putting in to improve himself, I believe he deserves some slack as far as complaints about his bedside manner.

I realize I’m 2 weeks behind this thread, but feel it must be said …

The role that @jjrandorin is in, is an incredibly difficult one. It’s a constant barrage of information - some useful, some not. Some hurtful, some helpful. Some positive, some negative.

And, voluntarily, and for the good of us all, he’s chosen to spend hours of his personal time, every single day, doing his best to keep folks on target, information flowing and discussions happening.

It’s yeoman’s work.

Further, he’s continued to be an active participant in this community, sharing his experiences and knowledge with us all at the same time, and has done what I think is a *tremendous* job separating the moderator from the forum member.

Doesn’t mean we have to agree with all of his opinions or thoughts, but that’s true for ALL members of this forum. We may all agree and disagree at time.

That said, if he were just doing the moderation work and disappeared from the community at large, that would be a huge loss for all of us. It’d also be incredibly unsatisfying for him.

I’ve been moderating forums back into the BBS SysOp days and I have to say … it’s underappreciated by a very wide margin.

So just wanted to throw my thanks out there. He’s a very very rare breed who can make the distinction between moderator and participant and make it stick. Kudos for that!!