Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My model 3 says full at 210 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@smashcz, I'm suffering the same issue. Purchased SR+ in March '19. After Elon announced option to downgrade, I reached out, and was finally downgraded on 8/31. Unfortunately, since the downgrade, my 100% charge range has shown as 203 miles, not the 220 I was promised. About 2 weeks prior to the downgrade I charged to 100% and was shown 239 miles, so I don't believe it is a matter of battery degradation. Tesla service center rep called me and told me that when I charged to 100% that I actually set it to 89%, which would result in 228 mi of range, which is better than promised, so I should be happy. He didn't want to listen when I told him that it was definitely not set to 89%, and that at any point you can look at battery % and range and calculate the 100% range and it results in about 203 mi. Not sure how to go about resolving this issue - Tesla seems unwilling to help.

@smashcz, I'm suffering the same issue. Purchased SR+ in March '19. After Elon announced option to downgrade, I reached out, and was finally downgraded on 8/31. Unfortunately, since the downgrade, my 100% charge range has shown as 203 miles, not the 220 I was promised. About 2 weeks prior to the downgrade I charged to 100% and was shown 239 miles, so I don't believe it is a matter of battery degradation. Tesla service center rep called me and told me that when I charged to 100% that I actually set it to 89%, which would result in 228 mi of range, which is better than promised, so I should be happy. He didn't want to listen when I told him that it was definitely not set to 89%, and that at any point you can look at battery % and range and calculate the 100% range and it results in about 203 mi. Not sure how to go about resolving this issue - Tesla seems unwilling to help.

I’m having the exact same issue. Downgraded my SR+ (which was displaying 238mi @ 100% just a few weeks ago) to SR this week. 100% charge now shows 209 miles, and consumption is higher than normal. I have to keep wh/mi below 200 to get anything near 209 (my lifetime average over 16k miles is 221, I always drive like a grandma)

Wow battery and miles full is the most talked about topic here. It’s like every week there’s a thread.

Honestly, they should never show you estimated range, just show percentage like your cellphone does.
Cellphones have horrible battery estimations based on use case. If your cellphone showed hours of battery left and died, everyone would be complaining about that. Same with laptop battery and estimated time.

Honestly, they should never show you estimated range, just show percentage like your cellphone does.
Cellphones have horrible battery estimations based on use case. If your cellphone showed hours of battery left and died, everyone would be complaining about that. Same with laptop battery and estimated time.
I was thinking about that and agree with your post. It’s like automakers not giving you exact numerical values for coolant temps. It would create too much issue with people complaining.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
% capacity is not useful. It doesn't give you any idea if you have enough charge to reach your destination. It's true range is only an estimate but I'd rather a consistent algorithm provide me with the estimate rather trying to guestimate myself.

A friend recently complained that on an update his older S switched to % from miles. He believe the switch was made to hide a reduction in range. I asked on another thread if that switch between % and miles was user configurable?

Range indication is based on a fixed Wh/distance. Not that useful either IMO. The energy meter is far more representative of the real available range.

Phil
That's exactly WHY it's useful. It reflects how much energy the battery actually is holding instead of being another useless relative number. It would be nice if they'd give us a readout in kWh, but without that, rated miles is the next best thing.

That's exactly WHY it's useful. It reflects how much energy the battery actually is holding instead of being another useless relative number. It would be nice if they'd give us a readout in kWh, but without that, rated miles is the next best thing.
Both numbers are based on the estimated SOC. At least, you can choose what to display ;)

Bring back the

Phil

Last edited:
I traveled 400 hundred miles this weekend so I charged to 95% (220 miles). On the way home at a destination charger, I forgot to set the charge to 100% so I charged up to 95% and then unplugged. I thenI set the limit to 100%, got a message on screen asking if I was sure as "I had charged over the daily limit a few times already" and I said yes, but the screen then said charging complete at 220 miles and the destination charger kept saying "waiting on car" even after unplugging/replugging. Not too worried but I have the SR+ so I thought I would get a bit more.

Add me to the list of weekly range loss. 215 now at 208.
C5470EE6-6C35-4C2C-9BD4-2455B2610B20.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.