Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new MX, first 1,600 Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Got my MX about a month ago, you can checkout my My MX Delivery Experience if you want but having done my first 1,600 miles in 4 weeks eek... i thoughts I'd just share some more thoughts and experiences thus far.

Firstly what an amazing car, just love it.

In my first 1,000 miles I've experienced how poor Telsa after sales service can be. No follow up after delivery despite a defect list of 20ish items "all small i must add", chased, not reply, email, no reply, called "we'll call you back", they didn't... I got to the service manager in the end so i'm giving them the benefit of my doubt, lets see how they deal with it now they are "on it"

With regards to the car, not had any major issues, i did find it dead one day but a reboot did the trick and was off in no time, I have however developed a fault with the drivers seat, from almost day one which now rocks back and forth as i drive. Just waiting for them to blame this on my robust build...... but I'm hoping that will be a quick fix but all in all I'm still really happy with the car.

True, service has been crap but I'm optimistic and at the end of the day once they fix the issues I'll hopefully only need to deal with them once a year. My name is already MUD with them i suspect :)

Stephen

Why not set up a service appointment and bring your list with you. Service handles things discovered at pickup and regular repairs.
This, I have never had an issue getting my car serviced. Yes, you may have to wait on hold for about 20-30 minutes but once you get someone on the line it is easy to schedule the appt and then tell them what you want done. I even had someone reach out before the appt to get clarification on certain things etc. And...if you schedule the appt for a morning drop off you have a great chance of getting a tesla loaner. I am riding around in a P85D right now.

This, I have never had an issue getting my car serviced. Yes, you may have to wait on hold for about 20-30 minutes but once you get someone on the line it is easy to schedule the appt and then tell them what you want done. I even had someone reach out before the appt to get clarification on certain things etc. And...if you schedule the appt for a morning drop off you have a great chance of getting a tesla loaner. I am riding around in a P85D right now.

I also just realized you are in the UK and things could be drastically different there.

I also just realized you are in the UK and things could be drastically different there.

Yeah I am and I don’t have a basis for comparison but it took 3 weeks for service to acknowledge me all they would do on phone is say someone would call me.

Let’s not forget they already had the car and looked at the issues so I’m not going again just so they can look at the car send me on my way until they book me.

I am however looking to get it booked in for all the obvious bits with a loaner and they can use the time they have it to looking at the less obvious stuff.