Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My New X is here, pre collection taster...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery agent kindly send me some pics of the X sitting in the compound awaiting PDI etc.

He said they have noticed a misalignment on the drivers side trim so are ordering a replacement but I may nip round there and have a good look over in any event.

Alignment doesn't look to bad at all and my SC isn't all that rushed so they will spend a lot of time going over the car.

Yup! What P85_DA said! While I wasn't convinced with the Midnight Silver Metallic when we ordered ours, I'm liking it more and more with the few delivery picture bonanza postings here recently.

:)

How long will you have to wait to take delivery?

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Thanks guys, I hope to pick it up next week, just a couple of things to sort out.

I went today to have a good look round and took plenty pics. I didn't get inside though. One alloy wheel is scuffed which they will replace for a new one, alignment seems to be 100% spot on from the nose to the rear of the FWD, then things need a little tweaking. Bootlid seems tight agains the qtr panel chrome trim, should it have a consistent gap all the way? I've seen varied on other cars. The FWD sits proud on one side, only by about 1mm, will this cause a wind rustle?

Couldn't check the interior or seals but will do once it has been through PDI and before collection.

I also found 3 paint defects, nothing can be done to either without a respray so i'll have to live with them.

Here are the pics what do you think?

Now for the interior

Quick question on the paint which is stunning in the sun, does it have Xirallic particles?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JQS3 and P85_DA
Thanks guys, I hope to pick it up next week, just a couple of things to sort out.

I went today to have a good look round and took plenty pics. I didn't get inside though. One alloy wheel is scuffed which they will replace for a new one, alignment seems to be 100% spot on from the nose to the rear of the FWD, then things need a little tweaking. Bootlid seems tight agains the qtr panel chrome trim, should it have a consistent gap all the way? I've seen varied on other cars. The FWD sits proud on one side, only by about 1mm, will this cause a wind rustle?

Couldn't check the interior or seals but will do once it has been through PDI and before collection.

I also found 3 paint defects, nothing can be done to either without a respray so i'll have to live with them.

Here are the pics what do you think?

Now for the interior

Quick question on the paint which is stunning in the sun, does it have Xirallic particles?

Thanks for the pics. Any chance you have a pic of the floorboard with the black carpet and how it blends together?

Last edited:
sweet looking ride. but what's with the misalignment on the FWD and the rear quarter panel on both the trim and the door in this pic?

Yes this is something they're looking to sort. The car is fresh from assembly in Holland without any intervention from the SC.

I asked to look at it in a raw state. This side needs a bit of tweaking, they've ordered a new rear window and trim peice and will sort the FWD trim to align with the wheel arch.

Overall its fairly minor and simple adjustments, hopefully. I haven't opened the FWD yet!

Reactions: K3Man