Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My repaired battery just died on us!! Help please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Less than a year after THE ELECTRIFIED GARAGE fixed or allegedly fixed my 2013 battery, in the first long range trip of the car, the car suddenly stopped with 60 miles left and said it could no longer be driven. See attached. It had to be towed to the Fort Myer service center. Will keep everyone posted but obviously not happy that I’m out $7000 and the battery appears broken. Let’s see if the electrify garage honors their one year warranty.

If anyone can review the attached picture of my cells and provide feedback I would appreciate it.the first photo mostly in black is the current status. The second one is how it looked prior to the repair

Attachments

• 394A189A-91CA-4446-AEC7-24E3A2810C24.png
    394A189A-91CA-4446-AEC7-24E3A2810C24.png
    562.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 887E9653-EE44-44D4-9451-06D6979FE3B6.png
    887E9653-EE44-44D4-9451-06D6979FE3B6.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Less than a year after THE ELECTRIFIED GARAGE fixed or allegedly fixed my 2013 battery, in the first long range trip of the car, the car suddenly stopped with 60 miles left and said it could no longer be driven. See attached. It had to be towed to the Fort Myer service center. Will keep everyone posted but obviously not happy that I’m out $7000 and the battery appears broken. Let’s see if the electrify garage honors their one year warranty.

If anyone can review the attached picture of my cells and provide feedback I would appreciate it.the first photo mostly in black is the current status. The second one is how it looked prior to the repair
Will it not turn on? What is the symptoms? Are you able to disconnect the HV safety cable in the frunk and jump the battery to see if the dashboard turns on?

If they replace any modules, then failure within a year sounds about right according to wk057 (Jason Hughes). He has pointed out you cannot replace modules due to the inability to perfectly match the new modules with the existing ones. He has never successfully had a pack with a replaced module last more than a year I believe.

Screens are totally dark; I have tried resettting and nothing turns on. . I am not specialized or equipped to disconnect the HV safety cable, etc. .

I've been reading your other thread. I think you need to wait till tomorrow when the electrified garage people can contact you. Let's see what they say. And, very interested, do let us know please.