Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla 3 collision experience [Insurance / repair]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
California is an "at-fault" state. Therefore the person who rear ended the OP and their insurance should be responsible here. Assuming they have adeuquent insurance coverage, the OPs insurance won't deciding anything about repair vs total.

I want to know how Tesla performs as far being timely in getting the OP his money And helping him through the process. I had to call Tesla insurance once and it was like an hour wait but when someone got on the phone they were helpful. If they are a nightmare to deal with for the OP, then I am interested to know.

I will say that I don't have Tesla insurance. I'm with CA Casualty, and Party #1 is with USAA.

“OK, I think I see” said the blind man. Your first post said “I am going to use this thread to share my Tesla 3 rear end collision experience. Specifically the insurance and repair potion.” I mis-interpreted this to mean you had Tesla insurance. Thanks for clearing that up.

3A3644DE-70C0-4472-B138-FADEE3D70DCD_1_105_c.jpeg

This cost over 20k. The car was fully functional, just dented.

The story will write itself as my experience unfolds. The common themes im seeing are lack Of adjuster understanding, lack of sufficient supply of parts, far and few between certified tesla repair locations, disparaging differences in estimates., and the rest will write itself.

We also have a Y LR and M3 performance, so we clearly love our Teslas.
sorry for your accident. I had a similar incident, at highway pile up. my front was destroyed, 19K price tag.

Reactions: Fitcorydaniel
Had my Tesla 3 for thirty days and got rear ended at LAX. The car has been in the repair shop for fifty days because there were no parts available over the end of the year. This is the first and last EV I buy. Who has time for this kind of delay? And better make sure you’re hit by the right insurance company because Tesla Collision centers only accept a few insurance claims. Complete pain. Never again.