Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla console is missing some CHARGING STATIONS locations close to me.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MALL that has public charging stations in the parking lot and they are not listed on my MAP on my 2014 Model S.
this concerns me. Anyone know how, who updates these maps so they can be notified of these missing stations and/or add them to mine?

The Tesla nav does not list public (J1772 or Chademo) chargers. It only lists Tesla destination chargers and Superchargers. On your computer, tablet, or smartphone, use plugshare.com to see and list public chargers.

This address is to emulate the Tesla browser on another computer. The only reason to use it that I can think of is you can filter for hotel stations only. Otherwise just type Plugshare.com whether you're on a computer or using the in car browser.
This OP indicates it was optimized for the Tesla Model S and not for a PC browser when you are at home.

PlugShare now optimized for the Model S
Hi everyone,
We recently redesigned PlugShare.com specifically for the Model S browser. To give it a whirl, just open the page in your car. Please let us know what you think.
Lucas

I have a MALL that has public charging stations in the parking lot and they are not listed on my MAP on my 2014 Model S.
this concerns me. Anyone know how, who updates these maps so they can be notified of these missing stations and/or add them to mine?
the tesla nav system does not note EVERY charging station, it lists tesla destination hpwc, super chargers and places where you have charged.
you need to seek out plugshare for a more comprehensive listing of places to charge

Only if you are out of range of Tesla superchargers AND you get the warning on your navigation screen that states you are out of range of Tesla Superchargers will you then see non-Tesla plug sites on your navigation screen. This is part of Tesla's way to ensure Owners do not run out of electricity. I first saw this when I was driving cross country, and saw it recenlty as well on a trip to the Outer Banks of NC.

This OP indicates it was optimized for the Tesla Model S and not for a PC browser when you are at home.

PlugShare now optimized for the Model S

That's right, but in the car you don't have to type tesla.plugshare.com, you can just type plugshare.com and it automatically shows the Tesla optimized page.
The reason to type tesla.plugshare.com on a PC at home is to display the page just as you would see it in the car. Then the settings icon includes a choice to filter charging stations at hotels only. It's useful for planning a trip when you are at home to see which hotels have charging stations, without having to click on each point on the map to see if it's a hotel.