Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla M3 Reversation Page updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are not the only one that 'sees' things that way. A 'small handful' would be how many cars to you? 50? 25? 10 or less? Since Elon has stated his intent to strive for between 100,000 and 200,000 units of Model ☰ during 2017, such low, low numbers would be a definite disappointment, I'm sure. But I choose to believe that Elon, while exuberant, is still sincere. So, taking the low number of 100,000 as the minimal goal, and applying perhaps a 40% 'reality filter' (AKA 'pessimism filter'), that would be 40,000 units Delivered during 2017. That's a mite better than a 'small handful', right? To shoot for 100,000 to 200,000 units but Deliver barely a score of cars would be an absolute disaster. Something between 0.01% and 0.02% of a goal might as well not even be reported, let alone recorded. I believe that most people will not have to wait anywhere near as long to receive their cars as certain entities would have you believe.
Love this post. It beautifully summarizes what I have said about timelines to posts about '3/31 linewaiters' not getting delivery until 2018. I would be shocked if that happened.

Reactions: Red Sage
I have zero confidence that those who waited in line will ever receive any exclusive benefit for doing so.

And why would they? Everyone is going to be asked to configure based on the date they reserved so the only benefit that the people who waited in line should expect is to one of the first to configure in their region. Yes, prior owners will get a bump as will employees, but if all else is equal, the person that waited in line will configure first.

And why would they? Everyone is going to be asked to configure based on the date they reserved so the only benefit that the people who waited in line should expect is to one of the first to configure in their region. Yes, prior owners will get a bump as will employees, but if all else is equal, the person that waited in line will configure first.
Because EM said they would.

I don't care what people call it - benefit / gift? It hasn't happened yet. There has been nothing exclusive for line waiters. That's the point.

to-may-toe / to-mot-toe <------ who cares
I don't recall the tweet verbatim, but did he say he'd give something ONLY to those who waited in line or just that line waiters would get something? If it's the latter, then giving something to all reservation holders (which includes line waiters) would technically qualify as fulfilling that promise. ;)

Again minor changes on My Tesla. Reservation number is not more below the picture of the blue Model 3. A separate section lists this on a german account:

Ihr Fahrzeug im Detail
  • Modell:Model 3
  • Reservierungsnummer: RN108xxxxx

I do tend to check it at least once a week, hopefully to uncover some minutia of any change. I usually look at the webpage source code too to see if anything is hidden. :p

I'm actually surprised no one here has announced that they've written a script to pull the page once a day/hour/minute and diff it against the previous version. :D