Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model S Extended Test Drive Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if this was the old blue or the current blue?

Current beautiful blue. Looked black in my garage though. I was drooling over that color for months after seeing the latest videos and pics. If I was one to wash my car every few days, it would have been fine. I'm an X-Coloradan and we don't do that so silver it is.

It as been a little over a week and even with the Texas rain and dust, it looks great.

Current beautiful blue. Looked black in my garage though. I was drooling over that color for months after seeing the latest videos and pics. If I was one to wash my car every few days, it would have been fine. I'm an X-Coloradan and we don't do that so silver it is.

It as been a little over a week and even with the Texas rain and dust, it looks great.

Bah, hoping my future S or 3 is blue, but now I'm second guessing it. Though current car is roughly the same blue and I typically don't bother washing it much, it sits in the driveway so I can't be too bothered :)

The J1772 removal process goes like this:
1. Press the button on the J-plug to stop charging, but do not pull. Continue holding down with that hand.
2. With the other hand, grab the Tesla adapter and pull away from the car.
3. Still holding the button down, pull the Tesla adapter off the J-plug.

The J1772 removal process goes like this:
1. Press the button on the J-plug to stop charging, but do not pull. Continue holding down with that hand.
2. With the other hand, grab the Tesla adapter and pull away from the car.
3. Still holding the button down, pull the Tesla adapter off the J-plug.

Step 2 only works if the car is unlocked.

Bah, hoping my future S or 3 is blue, but now I'm second guessing it. Though current car is roughly the same blue and I typically don't bother washing it much, it sits in the driveway so I can't be too bothered :)

I have the new blue and I really like it. It looks great most of the time, and does not show the black dust/road grime that my old Perl White Model S accumulated on it's back side.

I also had CQuartz Finest applied, which helps reduces dust collection. I think that may be helping quite a bit.

If you really want to avoid washes, go titanium or grey, they show the dirt the least.

No idea how they decide on who to provide a longer test drive to, but they know I'm teetering on the edge of pulling the trigger and buying one. I've been flirting with them for quite a while now. :)
I, too, had an extended test drive, Friday to Monday in a 70D which I eventually put a deposit down on so marketing wise, it worked. :wink: I was told the length of the test drive is at the discretion of the sales team and availability and demand factor in to the equation. The car I test drove got sold while I was driving it! It doesn't hurt to ask...