Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Two Weeks Old Tesla Model 3 Depreciated by 10% Overnight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. honda Accord came out and they demanded 5K over sticker, 6 months later 5K under
2. We should have bought Lambo's in 1980's
3. I think we all feel bad for the OP
4. If I had this issue I would be mad as hell and told my bartender about it
5. All my BMW's lost more than 10K the day I drove them off (stairway to heaven) maybe
6. This is not the first post about this, there are many, and will be more
7. Enjoy what you have, it did not change your eye color, love what you have and people around you
8. If all else fail post here

• Funny
Reactions: Kevy Baby
The fact that car salespeople may be dishonest is not a reflection of my naivety but the salespersons lack of moral compass. There are protections in place (at least in Australia) against misleading information that gets enforced often enough to help adjust compasses.

How dumb do you have to be to trust what a car salesman said? It's not about your naivety but about idiocy.

If there really is protections in place in Australia against such then why are you even posting about it here? Go sue the salesman. I doubt that would happen? Is it in writing and in contract that he guarantees on Tesla's behalf on certain % of deprecation?

Tesla is a business, it will make whatever business decision it needs to get TSLA stock price up.

Tesla just dropped the price of M3 by $8000 in Australia.

This is good news for motorists considering an EV in Australia and I am all for it. However, it short-changes the customers who recently bought a Tesla. My EV depreciated when I drove it out of the showroom (less than three weeks ago) as expected but I did not expect it to depreciate another 10% overnight. I have spoken to Tesla and they have no sympathy for customers like myself.

I am happy with the product but I have previously posted about the very poor sales process and customer service (or in fact lack of it). This is just the icing on their bitter cake.

Who else is affected by this decision and what if anything do you plan to do?
Welcome to the world of Tesla. My P3D once had a 81.5K sticker. Lol.

I totally understand where poster is coming from. His frustration is coming from the fact that VALUE of his vehicle dropped more than it was initially anticipated and the cause was Tesla knowingly hid (did not announce prior to) price decrease and subsequent refresh.

While this can be frustrating, I think the frustration should come more from the fact that we were not informed of price decrease and refresh thus having HIGHER INTIAL COST for a lesser car. People arguing about paying more for lesser car back in 2018 is irrelevant to this discussion as poster bought the car 3 weeks before a refresh and price reduction without knowing of such event.

I know that flash sales happen all the time but some retailers, such as Costco, price match and provide refund if purchase was made within 1 month of price reduction. I believe it would go a long way for Tesla if they could somehow compensate, not a full price match, which would be naive, but maybe free supercharge miles or something similar to those who were impacted most with similar policy as Costco.

Not sure what's your point, he's talking about 3 weeks, not years, big difference.
Everyone knows a new car loses its highest percentage drop in value the moment it leaves the lot. My three year old S has been left behind my the current Tesla technology and yet comes out exactly even based on the monthly payment I agreed to pay (positive after business writeoffs)

I totally understand where poster is coming from. His frustration is coming from the fact that VALUE of his vehicle dropped more than it was initially anticipated and the cause was Tesla knowingly hid (did not announce prior to) price decrease and subsequent refresh.

While this can be frustrating, I think the frustration should come more from the fact that we were not informed of price decrease and refresh thus having HIGHER INTIAL COST for a lesser car. People arguing about paying more for lesser car back in 2018 is irrelevant to this discussion as poster bought the car 3 weeks before a refresh and price reduction without knowing of such event.

I know that flash sales happen all the time but some retailers, such as Costco, price match and provide refund if purchase was made within 1 month of price reduction. I believe it would go a long way for Tesla if they could somehow compensate, not a full price match, which would be naive, but maybe free supercharge miles or something similar to those who were impacted most with similar policy as Costco.

I get it but this is what happens with capital expenditures. At what point should they stop compensating folks??

Tesla just dropped the price of M3 by $8000 in Australia.

This is good news for motorists considering an EV in Australia and I am all for it. However, it short-changes the customers who recently bought a Tesla. My EV depreciated when I drove it out of the showroom (less than three weeks ago) as expected but I did not expect it to depreciate another 10% overnight. I have spoken to Tesla and they have no sympathy for customers like myself.

I am happy with the product but I have previously posted about the very poor sales process and customer service (or in fact lack of it). This is just the icing on their bitter cake.

Who else is affected by this decision and what if anything do you plan to do?

You got what you paid for. Enjoy the great car!