Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My wife washed my key....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that's what she did. Put a pair of shorts in the washing machine not realizing one of my Model X keys was in one of the pockets. Although it is presumably the cleanest Model X key around, it no longer works.

Is there anything i can do other than having her buy me a new one for my birthday which is next week?

• Disagree
Reactions: Gwgan
Ooo. In my house stuff like this is the fault of whomever didn't clean their pockets out before putting their clothes in the hamper.

:p

Now, if I accidentally pick up a pair of shorts from my husbands "storage zone" to wash (the floor next to the bed), then I am responsible for the pocket checks.
^This. The first and last time I ever forgot to check a pair of my slacks for a pen was when I did a load where my wife also had a number of dresses and really nice work shirts in there. That came down squarely on my shoulders (and ears subsequently).

btw, how much does a new fob run?

Yes, that's what she did. Put a pair of shorts in the washing machine not realizing one of my Model X keys was in one of the pockets. Although it is presumably the cleanest Model X key around, it no longer works.

Is there anything i can do other than having her buy me a new one for my birthday which is next week?

Yes, buy yourself a birthday [FOB] present and forget about blaming your wife.

• Funny
Reactions: Roentgen and Tree95
Ooo. In my house stuff like this is the fault of whomever didn't clean their pockets out before putting their clothes in the hamper.

:p

Now, if I accidentally pick up a pair of shorts from my husbands "storage zone" to wash (the floor next to the bed), then I am responsible for the pocket checks.

Actually, although these were undoubtedly in my "storage zone" because that's pretty much where all clothing I wear ends up, I didn't blame her, but she did feel somewhat responsible. If it's only $100 I have no intention of letting that be my birthday present!

Reactions: Az_Rael
Welp. I washed my key yesterday. I'm hoping that maybe the silicone fob pocket kept it from getting too wet. When I opened it up the battery was hardly wet at all. It's currently drying out on the counter. Let's hope it works.