Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY22 M3: Moisture In Rear Lamp(s)

Mine is a 2022, purchased in the summer. Recently, moisture has been accumulation in the passenger side body tail lamp. It stays damp for a couple of days, sometimes more, before eventually evaporating. The front marker lamps also get moisture but those evaporate in a couple of hours - not a real concern. I took the car in for repair, but it's become worse - now the driver's side does it along with the trunk mounted rear lamps. Really don't feel like doing a day trip back to shop. Does anyone experience this and what would be a solution? Thanks.

Initial Problem - Before Shop "Fix"
IMG_9041.JPG

These Next Two Pics are After I Returned from Shop - Note that initial issue seems to have been resolved.
IMG_9191.JPG

IMG_9192.JPG

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
There have been a lot (lot) of threads on this topic over the last few years here at TMC. I am not that invested in the topic so I dont have an answer, but here is one of the many threads that showed up when I searched for "moisture in tail lights" as I knew it had come up several times before.

This one is 12 pages long so perhaps there is something in there that might help you. Personally I would take it back to tesla, thats the only answer that would work for me, but perhaps there is something else in the thread:

Reactions: Darkmann

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC