Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR 19" Winter wheels and tyres from Costco instead of Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the feedback.
So TPMS from Tesla and wheels/tires from anywhere else.
In my many years of buying tyres and wheels, I trust Costco's prices, work and the rock solid guarantees. Won't go to anyone else, if they are providing the service.

As for winter tyres, tried many brands and Now stick to Michelin X-Ice for all my vehicles. Gold standard for grip and wearout rate as far as I am concerned. There are others with better grip but wear out like icecream.

I purchased tpms from aliexpress for $50 Canadian. It'll be easily 5x that from Tesla.

The sensors arrived in a week and even have the tesla part number on them!
But mine are the 433mhz ones not bluetooth, I saw lots of bluetooth ones there as well.

I purchased and installed mine from a third-party as well. When I picked up the TPMS from Tesla, they told me the only downside with doing that is they will not service the tires in any way unless you purchase and install them via Tesla. In other words, if you get a flat tire or something their roadside assistance won't change it, etc. To me it's worth it since I already have CAA and it was like a third of what Tesla was charging.

What are your thoughts about getting a compatible 19" wheel and tyre package for MYLR from Costco Canada instead of Tesla store?
Pros and cons please
costco rims rnt that great, they are by 3rd party brand, choices rnt many, so the best way to do this is get rims from somewhere else then get tires from costco. If you are using OEM rims you can just get tire from costco as well. If you have TOCO (tesla owner club ontario) membership, get discounted winter package from Kal Tire, they have Nokian which are pretty decent in winter i read.

Yeah, Costco came up with only 18 and 20 inch options for rims compatible with Model Y LR but I want 19 - same as OEM.

Does anyone know if one can buy only the 19" Gemini rims from Tesla?
I'd rather not switch tyres on the same rims every season,
If you want the oem gemini rims i think you can only get it from other tesla owners, maybe hop around different sell thread around here? Yea i am also sourcing a sets of 19" for this coming winter, square set up. I have the stagger gemini aero wheels from tesla with P-Zero on it, which isnt usable in winter.

Yeah, Costco came up with only 18 and 20 inch options for rims compatible with Model Y LR but I want 19 - same as OEM.

Does anyone know if one can buy only the 19" Gemini rims from Tesla?
I'd rather not switch tyres on the same rims every season,
Yeah, i was looking at Costco, they only have 18 or 20 inch. Lots of aftermkt places do sell 19" though. i have a MYP so i think the 18" is not a good selection....

Another thread led me to purchase wheels and tires from PMC Tire out of Sherbrooke. Michelin X-Ice on Fast FC04 wheels. Comparable price and free shipping to my location in the Ottawa area.

7417E8CA-0C80-42CD-9078-8D8E23EDF3CA.jpeg

I got my replika wheels with Sottozero3's for <$2,400 including the BT TPMS which I bought from Tesla. I got these at SimplyTire in Etobicoke. They are familiar with high-end, exoticas. I wouldn't trust Costco. When I did mine, they had a few other Teslas in line for wheels.
Thanks for the info. Went to Simply Tire site and the cheapest package they now have is $2,560 (for Maxxis Arctic Trekker Tires - never heard of them) and then you add $300 for TPMS. The Pirellis you got are now $3k, plus $300, so not far off Tesla's price of $3,700, all in. Am i missing something, or did prices just rise since you got yours? Thanks.