Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my Tesla, I did the basic info but clicked finance and didn’t fill out app. That is only good for so many days and I don’t want to do it 3x before I get a VIN. The original Tesla SA told me that I could leave it as is and just wait for VIN. Everything would proceed as normal.

I saw a YouTube video that suggested you click cash so it will not get stuck waiting on you and it will move through queue. Then change it to finance when you get a VIN. I double checked with Tesla SA just now and they suggested I change to cash then change to finance with VIN.

Can anyone confirm? Have I been wasting 10 days thinking it was in process but it really wasn’t?

When I ordered my Tesla, I did the basic info but clicked finance and didn’t fill out app. That is only good for so many days and I don’t want to do it 3x before I get a VIN. The original Tesla SA told me that I could leave it as is and just wait for VIN. Everything would proceed as normal.

I saw a YouTube video that suggested you click cash so it will not get stuck waiting on you and it will move through queue. Then change it to finance when you get a VIN. I double checked with Tesla SA just now and they suggested I change to cash then change to finance with VIN.

Can anyone confirm? Have I been wasting 10 days thinking it was in process but it really wasn’t?
I was instructed by the SA to select cash and no trade-in (I'm not doing a trade in anyway). You will be able to add a these later once you start the pre-delivery process. Seems to be a common consensus in the forum as well.

I was instructed by the SA to select cash and no trade-in (I'm not doing a trade in anyway). You will be able to add a these later once you start the pre-delivery process. Seems to be a common consensus in the forum as well.
I asked if this had caused me to be to be delayed or on hold. They said no because they’re moving away from prioritizing profiles but they still recommend it. So sounds like before if you didn’t have it 100% filled out you would be stuck but that shouldn’t be the case now.

I did however notice this. When I had left finance portion not filled out, the button was directing me to my account (assumably to finish the process). Now it’s changed to tasks like schedule, documents, etc.
F449ABC8-70D8-4B86-9C9E-A857511BC137.jpeg

Attachments

• 76C427A8-BE95-48FF-98B0-C0CC8B38962D.jpeg
    76C427A8-BE95-48FF-98B0-C0CC8B38962D.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 56
  • AE12E409-086E-448A-8D4D-40C4897D7532.png
    AE12E409-086E-448A-8D4D-40C4897D7532.png
    358.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 8E241F19-FFE2-4B16-845C-E0DAA292B6E2.png
    8E241F19-FFE2-4B16-845C-E0DAA292B6E2.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 8C072C14-E0DE-401D-96C8-ADCE8B640099.png
    8C072C14-E0DE-401D-96C8-ADCE8B640099.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 53
  • F27969DA-C75C-4918-A9C2-C879DA335015.png
    F27969DA-C75C-4918-A9C2-C879DA335015.png
    363.4 KB · Views: 62
Haha still have this to drive in the mean time!
I love the Raptor! I was looking for one to replace my 2019 King Ranch but I am not willing to pay the stupid premiums the dealers are charging for one!

What ended up happening is to keep the F150 and buy out the lease, I can probably sell it myself at a premium. Plus I ordered the MYP. Plus my two Porsches to kill the anxiety waiting for the new car to come in!

Let's see how I feel with the EV as a daily!

I asked if this had caused me to be to be delayed or on hold. They said no because they’re moving away from prioritizing profiles but they still recommend it. So sounds like before if you didn’t have it 100% filled out you would be stuck but that shouldn’t be the case now.
did they elaborate a bit on what they meant by “moving away from prioritizing profiles”? They seem to have backed away a little on FSD prioritizing by at least not making it explicit on the order page, though there was some suspicion it still bumps you up.

did they elaborate a bit on what they meant by “moving away from prioritizing profiles”? They seem to have backed away a little on FSD prioritizing by at least not making it explicit on the order page, though there was some suspicion it still bumps you up.
They did not. But I took it as they’re trying to get to “first come first served” or as close as it makes sense. So in my case, not waiting until profile is 100% complete and skipping me for complete ones. Guess I’ll never know though. Does seem odd the app changed when my profile was complete.

They did not. But I took it as they’re trying to get to “first come first served” or as close as it makes sense. So in my case, not waiting until profile is 100% complete and skipping me for complete ones. Guess I’ll never know though. Does seem odd the app changed when my profile was complete.
My app changed when I finished my profile too, that's normal. My date got pushed after finishing my profile from April -> April/May -> June/July now. I'm hoping it will come sooner, but I'm not holding my breath. My SA said they are moving toward first come first served, and a delay in profile completion shouldn't hurt you. Unless you are assigned a VIN, then if you don't move promptly enough they can revoke it.

Reactions: DesertEagle
I've got a call with NV # who is Tesla SA.
Simply checked if I have a trade-in then informed EDD April 7~21 which is same appeared on the App.
I ordered MYLR MSM/BLK 20" in Nov. 9.
After several EDD delays switched to MYP MSM/BLK in last week.
Expecting VIN soon.