Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in a restaurant, if the guy who ordered the chicken got to that restaurant an hour earlier, they would obviously give him food first.
In that same restaurant you have someone ordering a steak after you, but you ordered chicken. You get antsy and even though you knew it would take long decide to take the steak as it’s on it way to a table and eat that instead. We can use plenty of scenarios to paint the picture here.

Reactions: Triplem086
If you’re annoyed of people switching their orders and getting a car before you, direct that blame to tesla, they allow it.
Nope just annoyed with how people do things. Don’t come into a MYP chat to brag about getting a MYP VIN by working the system… and then how amazed you are about how fast you got the car… then follow on with my name is dumba$$ and then talk about how the car rides some much different than I originally wanted too… 😂🤣😂🤣🤘🤘🤘

The Model Y is a mass produced car. I think if you're looking for rarity and having one of a few, you might want to look into another car instead. Tesla sold a combined 300,000 Model 3/Ys last year and 55,000 estimated Model Y as of April 7(?) of this year.
It wouldn’t shock me one bit if we see Tesla offer a more limited performance tier model once the 4680s are in full swing. Something like this:

SR
LR
Performance
Performance+

• Love
Reactions: arch0n
It wouldn’t shock me one bit if we see Tesla offer a more limited performance tier model once the 4680s are in full swing. Something like this:

SR
LR
Performance
Performance+
While they’re not rare per say, the Performance models aren’t exactly ubiquitous either. I can probably count on two hands the number I’ve seen around here this year and I’m in a major metro area.

SR/LRs I see literally everyday though.

Update: Pickup scheduled June 4th. It's hard to describe the odd feelings i have approaching taking delivery. Excitement mixed with curiosity.

At 3.5 seconds 0-60 this MYP is essentially a damn race car. I've never owned a race car before. It will likely be the fastest vehicle in the city I live, short of any Model 3 Performance that have made their way here. I get the sense a lot of over priced lift kitted truck owners are going to want to race... well...like Dave Chappelle once said, "Sometimes you gotta race'm."

Update: Pickup in Schaumburg, IL tomorrow (June 4) locked & loaded.

Original MYLR Order Date: October 22, 2021
Updated MYP Order Date: March 15, 2022
MYP, white paint, black interior, no tow, no FSD.

Had a two week window in April
Had a 10 day window in May
*Delivery scheduled for June 4

MYLR, Blue, Upgraded wheels
Original Order Date 11/1/21

EDD original window "June"
New window - 9/18/22-10/28/22

Why is the window so wide?! We got to June and I was SO hopeful that I'd wake up to a text with a VIN, but instead just more delays. Live in Chicago area. Not losing hope, but its going fast...lol.

Update: Pickup in Schaumburg, IL tomorrow (June 4) locked & loaded.

Original MYLR Order Date: October 22, 2021
Updated MYP Order Date: March 15, 2022
MYP, white paint, black interior, no tow, no FSD.

Had a two week window in April
Had a 10 day window in May
*Delivery scheduled for June 4

Update, picked up a MYP on Saturday June 4th. I was in and out of the delivery center within 20 minutes. I took it to a local park and took 4 hours going over the vehicle, everything was there, everything worked. Some panel adjustments may be needed but not bad, may not even do them. Car drives like a dream. I'm ruined on ICE cars forever. AMD Ryzen chip, heated windshield wipers, double paned front windows, not sure about the battery. Schaumburg, IL delivery center did a great job answering all my questions and being helpful. Didn't seem like they overloaded the delivery folks even though they had a car lot full of vehicles to deliver. Tesla running like a well oiled machine at that location. Anyone debating the Performance over the Long Range, do it if you like speed/having an on command roller coaster. If you prefer the range, stick with the LR. That my two cents anyways. Good luck everyone getting their VINs.

Last edited:
Update, picked up a MYP on Saturday June 4th. Took 4 hours going over the vehicle, everything was there, everything worked. Some panel adjustments may be needed but not bad, may not even do them. Car drives like a dream. I'm ruined on ICE cars forever. AMD Ryzen chip, heated windshield wipers, double paned front windows, not sure about the battery. Schaumburg, IL delivery center did a great job answering all my questions and being helpful. Didn't seem like they overloaded the delivery folks even though they had a car lot full of vehicles to deliver. Tesla running like a well oiled machine at that location. Anyone debating the Performance over the Long Range, do it if you like speed/having an on command roller coaster. If you prefer the range, stick with the LR. That my two cents anyways. Good luck everyone getting their VINs.
4 HOURS?!? that’s longer than a normal dealer lol. I hear most people have been in and out in 25 minutes lol

Update, picked up a MYP on Saturday June 4th. Took 4 hours going over the vehicle, everything was there, everything worked. Some panel adjustments may be needed but not bad, may not even do them. Car drives like a dream. I'm ruined on ICE cars forever. AMD Ryzen chip, heated windshield wipers, double paned front windows, not sure about the battery. Schaumburg, IL delivery center did a great job answering all my questions and being helpful. Didn't seem like they overloaded the delivery folks even though they had a car lot full of vehicles to deliver. Tesla running like a well oiled machine at that location. Anyone debating the Performance over the Long Range, do it if you like speed/having an on command roller coaster. If you prefer the range, stick with the LR. That my two cents anyways. Good luck everyone getting their VINs.
Wait, is the double front window a new thing? Was the back double the old thing?