Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Insurance rates is going to vary on a lot of different things, like driving history, age, location, where the car will be stored (inside or in a garage), additional discounts given by your insurance company (multi-car discount, other insurance coverages, education history, vehicle safety specs), etc.

Most companies should be able to give you a general rate quote by just providing them with the new car details, but they won't be able to give you a precisely accurate quote without the VIN, but the general rate quotes are close enough to give you an idea of what you'll be paying. Shop around doing that.

Insurance rates is going to vary on a lot of different things, like driving history, age, location, where the car will be stored (inside or in a garage), additional discounts given by your insurance company (multi-car discount, other insurance coverages, education history, vehicle safety specs), etc.

Most companies should be able to give you a general rate quote by just providing them with the new car details, but they won't be able to give you a precisely accurate quote without the VIN, but the general rate quotes are close enough to give you an idea of what you'll be paying. Shop around doing that.
I cant get a quote form Telsa without a vin, So asking for others actual experience.

My M3S+ is 1600 through AAA and Tesla quoted me 1400 for the year ( two 6 month packages). AAA did tell me that being a S+ vs a P saved a significant amount. Dual motor/AWD is considered more "sports car like"

To put it in perspective, my 2016 Audi A3 was 1200 a year vs 1600 for the 2019 M3S+ and my wife's hybrid Pacifica is 900 a year. ( AAA quotes)

Wawanesa has the best rates I’ve seen. I ditched AAA and went with them. My 2022 MYLR is $940 for 6 months coverage. If I had another car to bundle it would help. Got a cheaper rate than I did when I inquired about Tesla’s insurance.

Dang, so no one actually ends up with the tesla insurance.
My pal uses Tesla insurance in California for his 2018 Model S. Said Tesla was much cheaper than the company I use for my 2022 Model Y Performance and I live in the highest accident rate zip code in California. For me, my company was way cheaper than Tesla insurance. Everyone has different situations which affect insurance prices…just gotta shop yourself silly to ensure you are getting a good / fair deal.

just got a quote for our upcoming MYP at $734/6 months w/ State Farm. nearly identical to what I'm paying for my Model 3P. I have 3 cars, homeowners policy and have been w/ State Farm for some time, which obviously affects our rate.

The discussion around the dinner table was this.. is the 400 dollars savings worth dealing with Tesla in case we need to use the insurance or are we better off using AAA which has been pretty much problem free? Our choice given some past history with Tesla from a customer service POV was to stay with AAA and pay the extra 400 bucks for piece of mind.

2020 LRMY; drive less than 5k miles per year; clean driving record. 2021 USAA auto insurance premium was $499/6 mo, now for 2022 $548/6 mo. I attribute the increase to the high number of claims in my area (suburban Maryland, DC Metro area), cost of repairs.

The discussion around the dinner table was this.. is the 400 dollars savings worth dealing with Tesla in case we need to use the insurance or are we better off using AAA which has been pretty much problem free? Our choice given some past history with Tesla from a customer service POV was to stay with AAA and pay the extra 400 bucks for piece of mind.
That was my concern, nationwide took care of us when a car ran a stop sign in front of us.