Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP PUP uber turbines to 19” TSV with DWS06+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, back in February 2020 I changed the Uber Turbines on my MYP out for TSportline 19x8.5 wheels with 255/45/19r Continental DWS06+ tires.

I put about 9000 miles on the new tires and did not see much of an increase in efficiency, but I wrote this off as new tires that needed to be broken in, and I had not yet started data logging with Teslafi until I had a few thousand miles on the new 19” setup. So I couldn’t really compare them to the Uber’s.

In April the weather warmed up enough to put the Uber’s back on, and I’ve put an additional 13k miles on them and they are ready for replacement. I’m holding out for Michelin Pilot Sport EV tires to be released so I the 19” combo back on.

Here is the comparison between the two sets.

51660FB6-ECEE-425A-9A57-896AF64EB31A.jpeg

297C90FC-60EF-4225-9B48-AD3D69B9C724.jpeg

The majority of these miles are in the same environments, and road conditions. The only difference is the average temperature is a bit warmer, as you can see.

I feel these results are not typical when going from 21” wheels to 19” wheels. I have noticed an extreme increase in power consumption when accelerating and at low speeds with the 19” wheels.

4E8BD7CD-5244-470B-9E58-CCC78242FA97.jpeg

Can anyone help me to make sense of this data, as to why am I seeing such an increase in consumption as apposed to better efficiency?

Thanks Everyone.

Attachments

• 1BB62CE1-31B6-46CD-A399-FFBF7C0CD982.jpeg
    1BB62CE1-31B6-46CD-A399-FFBF7C0CD982.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 37
Great post, thanks! I'm thinking of doing the same thing (replacing my Uber's with 19 inch TSportline TSV). I plan to keep the TSportline 19's on all year though with all season tires (I live in Chicago and the roads are terrible here). How do you find the look/quality of of the TSportline wheels? Do they look just as good as the Uber's on the car?

They look “ok”. Not as good as the 21” wheels but they’re alright. I’d probably go with 20” TSV rims if I were going for looks but some tire stores don’t like going from a 104 or 103 load rating to a 101 which is what your limited to on the stock 20” tire sizes.

The tire size is the same as stock 19” wheels 255/45-19. I changed the tire size on the car to 19” Gemini wheels.

I really expected a slight increase in efficiency with the 19” TSVs, especially at lower speeds, but instead I got a much higher Wh while accelerating, and just higher wh/m overall. I’m talking old lady on Sunday style driving. It peaks the Energy graph at 900wh/m when easing up to 50 mph on flat ground.

They look “ok”. Not as good as the 21” wheels but they’re alright. I’d probably go with 20” TSV rims if I were going for looks but some tire stores don’t like going from a 104 or 103 load rating to a 101 which is what your limited to on the stock 20” tire sizes.

The tire size is the same as stock 19” wheels 255/45-19. I changed the tire size on the car to 19” Gemini wheels.

I really expected a slight increase in efficiency with the 19” TSVs, especially at lower speeds, but instead I got a much higher Wh while accelerating, and just higher wh/m overall. I’m talking old lady on Sunday style driving. It peaks the Energy graph at 900wh/m when easing up to 50 mph on flat ground.
Thanks - I'm contemplating a used set of inductions vs. the 19 or 20 inch TSV's.

Hey guys, back in February 2020 I changed the Uber Turbines on my MYP out for TSportline 19x8.5 wheels with 255/45/19r Continental DWS06+ tires.

I put about 9000 miles on the new tires and did not see much of an increase in efficiency, but I wrote this off as new tires that needed to be broken in, and I had not yet started data logging with Teslafi until I had a few thousand miles on the new 19” setup. So I couldn’t really compare them to the Uber’s.

In April the weather warmed up enough to put the Uber’s back on, and I’ve put an additional 13k miles on them and they are ready for replacement. I’m holding out for Michelin Pilot Sport EV tires to be released so I the 19” combo back on.

Here is the comparison between the two sets.

View attachment 702682

View attachment 702679

The majority of these miles are in the same environments, and road conditions. The only difference is the average temperature is a bit warmer, as you can see.

I feel these results are not typical when going from 21” wheels to 19” wheels. I have noticed an extreme increase in power consumption when accelerating and at low speeds with the 19” wheels.

View attachment 702687

Can anyone help me to make sense of this data, as to why am I seeing such an increase in consumption as apposed to better efficiency?

Thanks Everyone.
great data collection, may I know what app you used for tracking those data?

Did you try adjusting the wheel setting in the car, setting them to 19" wheels? Not sure if that would help.

I did a few hundred miles ago to see if it would help. I was thinking there was a possibility of the slightly different tire circumference between the 21” and 19” wheels causing issues with the wh/m calculation or perhaps the traction control system. However the setting change in the car did not seem to make any difference.

I wish the new Michelin PS A/S EV tires (high efficiency and low noise) were out in the US. Anyone see anything on when the US will start seeing these tires?
From what Michelin customer service has told me the MY 20“ induction tire size will be released sometime in September. They are waiting on the other sizes to gauge “popularity“. 😂

I don’t know if you can get those tires installed on another set of 20” rims at a chain tire store if your car came with 104 or 103 LR on 19” or 21” rims, since the 20”s only come in 101LR.

If the people have good results with the 20” SP EVs I’ll try to get a set installed on the MY.

The TSVs can go on the M3 when it arrives.

From what Michelin customer service has told me the MY 20“ induction tire size will be released sometime in September. They are waiting on the other sizes to gauge “popularity“. 😂

I don’t know if you can get those tires installed on another set of 20” rims at a chain tire store if your car came with 104 or 103 LR on 19” or 21” rims, since the 20”s only come in 101LR.

If the people have good results with the 20” SP EVs I’ll try to get a set installed on the MY.

I’m surprised 19s weren’t the test case. More volume and more potential customers. Plus, the higher load rating. Makes no sense (to me).

What are SP EV tires?