Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

myQ Connected Garage

I shouldn't have to pay for myQ

• Agree, it should be free

• Don't be naive, this is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had a MyQ garage door opener for about 10 years. I’ve always been able to open my garage door with my phone using internet access and it’s always been FREE.

Don’t understand why opening it with my car via internet access is any different? I did pay the $45 fee but like others said it fails 10% of the time.

Would installing a Wireless Access Point in the garage help? Maybe the WAP needs to be on the front porch so my Tesla sees it as I come down the street?
I'd never had mine fail, if getting an error message for a few seconds is considered "fail" then - Yes. I've experienced that but it always reconnects (as I have stated a few seconds) without me having to troubleshoot anything. I guess it depends on how good your internet is.

I wish it was free, but I will pay for it. $45 a year for the convenience is worth it to me. The only downside is when you forget you have auto close on and get out of the car in the driveway to run back in and your door is closed.
I think you can do the $300 for 10 years subscription. I also paid the $45 for my first year just to see if I liked it but plan on the longer subscription time next year.

Do we know if this carries over to future vehicles based on my login? I assume it has to.
Yes, I believe so since it is tied to your myQ account instead of your Tesla account and unlike the Tesla homelink which you can only transfer if you remove it from your current car to the next one. This is another reason I chose myQ instead of the Tesla garage opener.

Do we know if this carries over to future vehicles based on my login? I assume it has to.
Yes, and if you have multiple Teslas you don’t need to pay for each one individually. I signed up for MyQ a few months ago for the MY. Then I just picked up a M3 last week. The one account allows control for both vehicles without any added fees. Much better than buying and installing a Homelink in each vehicle.

Reactions: slvervper99